Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here we go

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I spoke to a fair few Bristol City fans and they absolutely loved the place! They were worried with the lack of pubs at Falmer ( :facepalm: ) but then again they had to Brighton to compensate as well as the south stand concourse where they enjoyed the atmosphere in there.

Maybe just sore losers!?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To be fair, one's perception of a football ground isn't definitively affected by the result.

I mean, even if we win 10-0 at Palace I'll still consider Selhurst Park to be a festering slum with facilities comparable to a prisoner of war camp.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
From watching the footie show last night on the tv - there are an awful lot of empty seats at other grounds - so I think there is always going to be an element of the green eyed monster coming through from these away fans opinions!!!!!
You say that but I don't remember slagging off other grounds whilst we were stuck at Withdean. I enjoy different aspects of most of the seventy-odd grounds that I've been to. I like the character of places like Peterborough and Burnley. I like the location and atmosphere of the Molineux and I like the pubs around the JJB. I think they're just negative and bitter.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Weird isn't it? I always liked Wycombe for some reason, but I hate Northampton and Colchester. I like Rochdale but don't like Southampton or Leicester. Peterborough and Wolves are good, and Huddersfield was alright even when we lost 7-1.

I think MK Dons would be great if it was finished, and they removed all their awful supporters and bad attitude stewards.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They'll dislike it even more when we've expanded it and they're stuck into the corner instead of behind the goal.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I agree that the result almost certainly skews away fans' opinions of the Amex. So does their awareness of available catering and drinking options. I was disappointed to see, for the first time, no away colours in the Swan, pre-match. The message had got out that it wasn't away fan friendly.

Worse, the West Lower, East and North concourses looked completely devoid of away fans. So was the East Brasserie, so they must've just stayed timidly in their own cold, draughty South stand concourse – the worst area in the stadium by far.

In short, had Bristol City fans bothered to check properly in advance, they would have realised what great facilities were available on the day. Wrexham supporters certainly did; the fact City's didn't clearly shows what an unimaginative bunch they really must be.

Their loss.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
"Oh, and course the obligatory...."We're the West stand, we're the West stand"....."We're the North stand, we're the North stand" which you get at all the new stadium builds ie. Southampton, Coventry, Brighton"

I'm pretty sure this isn't just a new build thing, unless I'm mistaken?

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I don't really care what they think. It's ours. They should make the most of it or go home and sulk.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
This is what one Bristol City fan has just posted:-

"Just got home from a great weekend in Brighton, only ruined by 90 mins Saturday pm. Stadium much like any other new build, completely lacking of any soul or character,even the steward I was chatting to commented on the lack of atmosphere. Seats comfy with good leg room but stand too shallow so too near pitch level even in Row P.

Concourse cold and uninviting with usual overpriced beer and pies, OK early on but once the majority of City fans arrived very cramped with long queues for everything.

No 'away' parking unless disabled or coach so came in by train from Brighton, good value with travel voucher but queues horrendous after game, Left on 88 mins to find hundreds of Brighton fans had done the same just to get in the queues, not something I would ever do at a home game.

I hope we can learn from this to ensure we don't go down the same road,we need 4 individual stands,joined with seated corners, not Lego Land, if it wasn't for lack of boxes and hospitality space give me our beloved Ashton Gate any time!"

Which all goes to show... If you don't go [anywhere beyond the South stand concourse], you'll never know [what you've just completely missed].

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
To be fair, one's perception of a football ground isn't definitively affected by the result.

I mean, even if we win 10-0 at Palace I'll still consider Selhurst Park to be a festering slum with facilities comparable to a prisoner of war camp.

Blimey from that description it sounds like they've tarted Selhurst up since my last visit - it used to be much worse than that!

Totally agree with the sentiment - it will still be a dump even if we play them off the park. As mentioned in a previous we post - Selhurst is a 'ground' (of sorts) whereas we have a 'stadium'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here