Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here we go - Glass half full/Glass half empty? which one are you?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I cannot believe the slating of Gus and the team after today, yes we were poor but what do you expect with the amount of players we have. If we had no injuries this season ( last season we were very lucky with injuries ) then we would possibly be in a top 6 position at the moment, but Gus has to do the best he can with the players he has.
I am sure most would agree that we do have players that are not up to it, but they are all we have available at the moment. Look at the first 5/6 games of the season, especially sunderland, Liverpool and Cardiff games, it was the same group of players as now and we played superb flowing football.

We need to be patient, wait for the injured players to return, and hopefully bring in 3/4 in the January window to replace those that are not up to it. IMHO I believe that we will finish 11th/12th this season, that may be difficult to imagine now but there are still 66 points to play for, if we get half of them we will be safe.

So my glass is still half FULL at the moment, we are early days into a 5 year plan, and it is important that we stick to that plan otherwise we will never be prepared for progressing. Many people say what is the point in putting in the extra seats, again, part of the 5 year plan, when we do eventually get up to the Premiership, we will be ready, we will have bigger crowds when we play the bigger clubs, and open the stadium up to opportunities to hosting more International games at whatever level.

This is my opinion, I am not getting into silly arguments about my Opinion as we all have our own.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
always HALF FULL, always

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
After a season with almost no injuries or suspensions this one has been a nightmare and we have only seen glimmers of the players we brought in.

With a full squad it would be a challenge but now we are calling up development squad players and confidence is low.

I cannot believe we can possibly be as unlucky in the second half of the season so if we can weather the storm, sign a few players and get the others back to fitness I think we will return to winning ways

Half full and far too early to panic

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I cannot believe the slating of Gus and the team after today

Then you should. There may well be a 5 year plan plan, but its as unlikely to pan out to plan as Shoreham Harbour's 20 year plan. Any talk of sticking to some kind of all-encompassing plan is pure and utter bullshit unless you are prone to clapping wildly and grinning broadly and tying your mittens to your coat. IMHO, like. Meanwhile, back in the real worlsd we just got beat 2-0 by stone bottom of the division. Forgive me if I mildly slate.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Then you should. There may well be a 5 year plan plan, but its as unlikely to pan out to plan as Shoreham Harbour's 20 year plan. Any talk of sticking to some kind of all-encompassing plan is pure and utter bullshit unless you are prone to clapping wildly and grinning broadly and tying your mittens to your coat. IMHO, like. Meanwhile, back in the real worlsd we just got beat 2-0 by stone bottom of the division. Forgive me if I mildly slate.

I would hate to be on the Man Utd forum this evening having been beaten by the bottom club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ot the Blackburn forum. Freaks on there will probably still be calling for their manager's head.
How do you type with fat stumpy fingers.
Their keys are probably the size of paving slabs.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Any my glass isnt just half full - its full. Full of a brand new stadium which I waited 14 years for, having spent two years wages on Gillingham and back and getting rained on at Withdean.

AAAAAAaaaaaalbion Albion Albion - Albion Albion Albion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh always half full.
But making the same mistakes for weeks now, means I'm not lining up any chasers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Any my glass isnt just half full - its full. Full of a brand new stadium which I waited 14 years for, having spent two years wages on Gillingham and back and getting rained on at Withdean.

Lovely. Now try and seperate the off-field situation from the on-field situation and tell us your thoughts on the on-field situation. Cos I dare say every damn one of us is agreed about the off-field situation.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Lovely. Now try and seperate the off-field situation from the on-field situation and tell us your thoughts on the on-field situation. Cos I dare say every damn one of us is agreed about the off-field situation.

Ok, here goes.

Murray & Bennett were two classy individuals and with no disrespect to anyone who has come in, they just havent filled their boots. I think only now Poyet is learning this valuable lesson.
Gus needs to learn to watch other teams play and consider adapting his way of play accordingly. Every team knows how to play us and stop us.
We have been ridiculously unlucky with injuries which has not helped.
Overall I think we are where I thought we would be and this latest run of form has probably cemented some new thoughts into Gus' - I just hope they are a new keeper and striker and a creative midfielder.

I remain behind Gus!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ok, here goes.

Murray & Bennett were two classy individuals and with no disrespect to anyone who has come in, they just havent filled their boots. I think only now Poyet is learning this valuable lesson.
Gus needs to learn to watch other teams play and consider adapting his way of play accordingly. Every team knows how to play us and stop us.
We have been ridiculously unlucky with injuries which has not helped.
Overall I think we are where I thought we would be and this latest run of form has probably cemented some new thoughts into Gus' - I just hope they are a new keeper and striker and a creative midfielder.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here