Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Her Majesty The Queens Platinum Jubilee - Official Thread

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is her leaving party, right?
She either works really hard and needs a rest because she is too old. Missed out on some of the celebrations because it was too much for her I am told.

Or she doesn't actually do that much.

Either way, time to move on . . . About 20 years ago.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
She either works really hard and needs a rest because she is too old. Missed out on some of the celebrations because it was too much for her I am told.

Or she doesn't actually do that much.

Either way, time to move on . . . About 20 years ago.

Agree.
I wouldn’t expect a 96 year old to do much really, whatever I think of her role or life of privilege and idleness. Yep, she should have seen out the Millennium and hung her handbag up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As an aside the most interesting thing I have heard on tv today is that the St Pauls bell, Great Tom, weighs 16 and 1/2 tons

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Blimey the backbiting and vitriol on this thread is something to see. Is there such a thing as a reverse gammon.... I'm sooooo angry.
I went up to London on Wednesday and there was a great atmosphere around buck palace, certainly multicultural. My kid loved it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

Multicultural subjects but not one of them could ever dream of being an elected head of state in the uk. The next three heads of state are already known and they will be white, male, heterosexual, Christian and privatley educated.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone would think that this was compulsory viewing the way some are going on and on about it. TV's can change channel and, amazingly, they do have an off switch.

Tell my wife that!,

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Boris Johnson boo’d as he arrived at the service. And not just a little bit. Good.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Amusing to see, when offered a choice between water and wine, May and Patel amongst others go for a lunchtime snifter. Carrie seems to have done a runner.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Did the bloke on Sky say Philip's mum was a nun? How the hell does that work?

BTW - I have read Wiki but that seems a bit of a stretch.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Anyone would think that this was compulsory viewing the way some are going on and on about it. TV's can change channel and, amazingly, they do have an off switch.

Who said anything about watching it on TV? I haven’t watched one second of it. I have heard some bits on the radio.

I just love a bit of royal bashing because I think they’re a bunch of scrounging nitwits.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A lovely service, and a fitting tribute to Her Majesty. How nice to see our Duke and Duchess of Sussex there enjoying the ceremony.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

These will be the same people enjoying a long weekend, despite despising the monarchy.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Mr & Mrs Johnson arrived at St Pauls together and were roundly booed upon entry. Somewhere en-route to the Guildhall, Carrie appears to have fallen down a hole, with Johnson arriving for the posh nosh lunch alone. How strange.

Mrs J last seen on a Richmond bound District Line service. :rolleyes:

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
16,000 applications for street parties in England!

In Scotland?

Crikey. Just watching Scottish BBC news. It is quite incredible. It is complete indifference.

And the crowds in the scenes in London on the TV were 99.99% white.

I'm not sure that 'carry on regardless' is wise, in the long run.

What does carrying on regardless mean ?

Say you were right (although I think your view on the racial mix has been contradicted in later posts) and the vast majority were white. And perhaps this was because a lot of other people were ambivalent about the jubilee because the Queen (and Royal Family) might be less relevant to them.

Surely that’s up to the population of the UK to decide if they want to rock up to the Mall and get involved if they want?

Are you saying that we can’t have celebrations of traditional UK institutions because some people are not that into it?

By the same token, would you reimagine Notting Hill Carnival because it’s a little more heavy on one colour than the other.

Surely an inclusive population can allow most celebrations even if they don’t actually fancy turning up in person.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did the bloke on Sky say Philip's mum was a nun? How the hell does that work?

BTW - I have read Wiki but that seems a bit of a stretch.

Widows often went into a convent especially when they had no income of their own. It was an alternative to the workhouse.
A woman can become a nun at any time, not just as a young woman.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
These will be the same people enjoying a long weekend, despite despising the monarchy.
No long weekend for us here in Australia. Neither am I watching any of it. Just reading this thread once in a while.

Ironically though one of our bank holidays falls on the queen's birthday each year (next weekend).

I haven't noticed any street parties here either. The royals have somewhat lost their allure for our antipodean cousins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here