Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henry Allingham

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I wonder if he supports the Albion? Would be great to have him as the guest of honour at a match so we could all show our appreciation to him :clap2:

Appreciation for what?

"Well done for being old"?

"Well done for staying alive"?

"Well done for not dying"?

The guy has seen a few things in his life and as a war veteran I salute him but he hasnt done anything that THOUSANDS of other people havn't!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Appreciation for what?

The guy has seen a few things in his life and as a war veteran I salute him but he hasnt done anything that THOUSANDS of other people havn't!

Sniffed coke off Joan Collins facelift?

Sucked a spunk-bubble out of Princess Diana's poo-chute?

Caught a dose of clap off Virginia Wade?

Admit it, the fella's got class - can YOU match any of these?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I reckon the fact that he fought in a war that ended over 90 years ago is pretty amazing!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Some Japanese dude died overnight, and now Henry is apparently the oldest man in the world :bowdown::clap::thumbsup:

Is this actually right? I would have thought someone must be older than 110?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So did thousands of others, the only diffrence being that Mr Allingham is still alive!

Like I said, "Well done for staying alive"

Similarly, most medals are for staying alive too

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sniffed coke off Joan Collins facelift?

Sucked a spunk-bubble out of Princess Diana's poo-chute?

Caught a dose of clap off Virginia Wade?

Admit it, the fella's got class - can YOU match any of these?

The Virginia Wade one is pretty impressive, she's a dyke isn't she?

It's slightly morbid of me but whenever I see gatherings of WW2 veterans I wonder who will be 'their' Henry Allingham or Harry Patch, i.e the last survivors keeping the memory alive. After all even 15 years ago Patch and Allingham were unknown nationally; they were simply old men, part of a dwindling but still relatively numerous band.

Indeed. There are already people aged more than 100 who fought in WW2. Do we know who they are?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well Henry's 113 and he's the oldest man left alive according to the Guinness Book of World Records. There is a woman who is older though.

I wonder if they'd hit it off?! :lol:

Henry Allingham, legend. All the rubbish in this thread about "well done for staying alive", is frankly piss poor at best. Not only has the man lived through 2 world wars, he's won major awards for his part, he has lived an amazing life and he is still going, he is an inspiration.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its amazing his is still alive when you consider all that he has gone through , especially residing in Eastbourne all those years.:bowdown:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I remember when my Nan worked at St Dunstans (both Kemp Town and Ovingdean) during the 70's, we used to go up there and all the 'old' boys were mainly WW1 veterans then, but still were'only' in their 70s and 80s. Incredible to think that the WW2 generation will be gone soon, thats what makes Henry Allinghams story even more amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here