Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henry a CHEAT or a Great Player

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually

Great player, can anyone seriously admit on here that if you were in the same position trying to get your country to the world cup you wouldn't have done the same?

Damn right i would,just makes mockery of fifas fair play scheme etc, but Henry has a squeaky clean image,dont ask me why,he has dived more than a certain winker,and kids look up to players like him,fact is,he has to live with that,tomorrows chip wrapper comes to mind.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
What annoys me in situations like this is the way all the ex-pros (which is pretty much all there is covering the sport these days) say nothing about the responsibility of the players to uphold the rules of the game. There's always either a blatant smirk and an attitude that it's ok as long as you get away with it because 'that's the nature of professional sport', or at least an undercurrent of acceptance. Either the officials are blamed, or excused for lack of technology/an army of extra goal-line officials, video referees etc etc.
Hats off to Bixente Lizarazu:
“We’re going to the World Cup but we go to the locker-room with our heads bowed. It was not something to be proud of. I’m not going to party.”

I would enjoy football (particularly at Premier League and International level) a lot more if it wasn't mostly played by sneaky little c***s who spend almost as much time trying to gain an advantage by underhand means than by actually playing football! :mad:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If he had punched someone off the ball and the ref had missed it you wouldn't be saying that would you?

He didn't punch anybody though did he? On the ball or off it. He is guilty of hand ball-a pretty important hand ball granted.

As England fans were told many times over (between all the piss taking from Irish, Scots and Welsh)-it's happened, you can do f*** all about it. Get over it.

Payback is a bitch ain't it?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
He didn't punch anybody though did he? On the ball or off it. He is guilty of hand ball-a pretty important hand ball granted.

As England fans were told many times over (between all the piss taking from Irish, Scots and Welsh)-it's happened, you can do f*** all about it. Get over it.

Payback is a bitch ain't it?

Yes but the point is - you CAN punish players for discrepancies against the rules even if the ref doesn't see them. You might not be able to change results etc, but you CAN punish players.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes but the point is - you CAN punish players for discrepancies against the rules even if the ref doesn't see them. You might not be able to change results etc, but you CAN punish players.

So Henry gets a yellow card for a handball. Not exactly going to change football is it? Anything more than a yellow card would be as bad as the offence-worse in fact.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
What annoys me in situations like this is the way all the ex-pros (which is pretty much all there is covering the sport these days) say nothing about the responsibility of the players to uphold the rules of the game. There's always either a blatant smirk and an attitude that it's ok as long as you get away with it because 'that's the nature of professional sport', or at least an undercurrent of acceptance. Either the officials are blamed, or excused for lack of technology/an army of extra goal-line officials, video referees etc etc.
Hats off to Bixente Lizarazu:
“We’re going to the World Cup but we go to the locker-room with our heads bowed. It was not something to be proud of. I’m not going to party.”

I would enjoy football (particularly at Premier League and International level) a lot more if it wasn't mostly played by sneaky little c***s who spend almost as much time trying to gain an advantage by underhand means than by actually playing football! :mad:

Good post fella.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's both a cheat, and a great footballer. Diego is still as good a footballer as I've seen on tv, and he was a cheat too.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
Not a cheat..referees fault for not spotting it.i will always remember him for goals like v real madrid and volley v man utd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here