Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hendersons' s goal

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Maybe it was a consequence of our passing philosphy this season, Poyet has said himself something along the lines of losing possession being the ultimate shame for a footballer. Of course there is a time and a place for hoofing it as far away as possible, but I reckon Calderon thought he'd found a way out with a pass and went for it. Whether or not he was fooled by the colour of the shirt I'm not sure

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A lot of players wear under shirts though so don't expose much, if any, extra flesh

True, but it could just be the principle? I remember where I read this now, in Mark Bright's column in the Metro where he was moaning about players having undershirts with messages on them, and minutes silences before games. He was talking shit as usual so may well have been incorrect about the rule.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
True, but it could just be the principle? I remember where I read this now, in Mark Bright's column in the Metro where he was moaning about players having undershirts with messages on them, and minutes silences before games. He was talking shit as usual so may well have been incorrect about the rule.

Haha, sounds about right!

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
There was a player who whipped his shirt off after scoring a goal only to reveal the same shirt underneath.

He was booked of course.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That was probably the most embarrassing goal we have conceded this season, and we saved it for the live cameras :facepalm:

I think Calde was just trying to be a little bit too smarty-pants, attempting to pass his way out of danger instead of lumping it clear. The season he's had though, he can certainly be forgiven that ricket.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Agree with the thread starter,and posted such point of view elsewhere.It was obviously Poyets fault because he likes his players to pass to feet.And this happened; and it was truly a great goal,opportunistic and well struck.

Sack the manager !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here