Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hendersons' s goal

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Does anybody else think that apart from a monumental cock up from start to finish, Caldo's pass to a blue and white shirt was instinctive given he only had a split second to look up and clear the ball ?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
lol gawd no , nice thought though , im sure thats the excuse he will tell the grandkikds when they replay it time n time again .

He has been sublime all season be a bit harsh to nail him to the easter cross for 1 cock up, ooo err missus

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
It wasn't a pass!? He just panicked because the other guy was closing him down, swung a foot at it and scuffed it to their player. Not like he deliberately picked him out and forgot what colour we were playing in.:shrug:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm not saying I would actually want him booked, but how is it that removing your shirt picks you up a yellow, and yet you can remove the corner flag (part of the field of play) and celebrate with it, and thats ok?

Whoops -possibly put this on wrong thread, meant to put it on the one with the youtube video of the goal. Ah well.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is this why we had a habit of losing to teams in blue and white earlier in the season? :jester:

Huddersfield, Sheff Weds, Hartlepool...

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Apparently he admitted to Poyet he saw blue and white and passed it. Whereas in that position i think i'd rather the player cleared it away from goal not across the front of it. But it's been a long, exceptional season with very few mistakes from him so i'll forgive him this one.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the whole debacle of that goal stemmed from a little too much nicey football, players need to know when to play a longer pass or just send it to row Z in defence.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was a goal in the Burton v Torquay game that was almost as high quality, I noticed.

I'm not saying I would actually want him booked, but how is it that removing your shirt picks you up a yellow, and yet you can remove the corner flag (part of the field of play) and celebrate with it, and thats ok?

Apparently the booking for removing your shirt rule was instigated by shirt sponsors because that's the point when the sponsor receives premium exposure i.e. the camera zooms in on the scorer.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Apparently the booking for removing your shirt rule was instigated by shirt sponsors because that's the point when the sponsor receives premium exposure i.e. the camera zooms in on the scorer.

nice little myth i never understood: the shirt sponsors pay the clubs, not UEFA who make the rules. meanwhile, there was a spate of political slogans being shown on shirts and the authorities and TV (who do pay money directly to UEFA) didn't like that.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Many of us have played football and I can't think of a single instance when I've passed it to the opposition when wearing a colour clash shirt or to someone I use to play for in a similar kit, that ball should have hit row Z on three occassions!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

I read somehwhere that FIFA wanted it imposed as exposing the torso is considered offensive in some countries. (ie. they want to maximise their oil money).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here