Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson's howler ... closest comparison

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Complete Badger said:
That was against Hartlepool about six years ago! Yeah, let's still hold that one against him:nono:

No let's forget it ever happened and crucify Henderson

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To be fair though, Henderson cost us a game YESTERDAY. Kuipers made a mistake for a goal in a 4-2 win in 2000 I believe. That's the slight difference.

Being fair would be to accept that ALL keepers make some massive cock up's occasionally. If the rest of the team had been able to get more than one shot on target in 93 mins this one may not have mattered either ???

BTW I am happy with either FDM or Hendo in goal, they are both good at this level imo.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
if Michel had made that mistake (bearing in mind he rarely lets us down)

He's done so about three times this season alone!

Let's not forget some of the other Kuipers classics; trying to go on a mazy on his own goalline and losing the ball against Peterborough, spooning one against Watford, throwing the ball straight to the opposition striker against Sheffield United, punching into his own net against Southend ... he's had more than his fair share.

Last edited:

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
the problem is if a defender makes a mistake there is still a chance someone else will clear it then its forgotton about, where as i a goalie does it it normally ends up in a goal.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
seven stands said:
the problem is if a defender makes a mistake there is still a chance someone else will clear it then its forgotton about, where as i a goalie does it it normally ends up in a goal.

exactly - how many times did our outfield players slip over yesterday?

its a risky business being a keeper

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Beach Hut said:
What about Roberts in the LDV Trophy against Forest Green ?

or roberts away at tranmere - a ridiculous dribble, losing the ball, getting back into the box, giving away a penalty and then saving it

now that was flair!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Or the golden goal butterfingers cup save that ended a keepers career here.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Gritt23 said:
Was that when he fell over as he ran backwards at Withdean, allowing the Gillingham player to roll it into an empty net from 30 yards?

Yikes, that was horrific. Gillingham were leading 3-2 at the time, and I'm sure their player was heading for the corner flag until the goalie went arse over tit, and then he could hardly refuse the goal could he.

Jesus !! I remember that so well now. That was one of those moments were you felt embarrased for the bloke. Also, if memory serves me right, we should've been awarded a stonewall penalty down the other end only seconds beforehand. I think it might have been zamora that was completely taken out, referee bottled the big decision as it would have made the score 3-3 and rescued a point. But after that, it got hoofed clear and then petterson made the most cringe-worthy move I have ever seen live from a goalkeeper. Funny, he didnt play for us much after that. :jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Scotty Mac said:
or roberts away at tranmere - a ridiculous dribble, losing the ball, getting back into the box, giving away a penalty and then saving it

now that was flair!

I remember that and the pics that El Pres posted afterwards (coco the clown etc)

D

Deleted member 2719

goldstone said:
The only goal-keeping error I have seen live (not on TV) which comes close to equalling Henderson's howler yesterday was an error by David James when we playing at Watford a good few seasons back. He gifted us a goal that I believe won us the game.

Anyone else see it?

Didn't see Hendo's howler but i did see David James flap a few years ago.
It was a similiar game from memory could have gone either way,step forward David James.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Barrel of Fun said:
I am sure I remember seeing Walton kick the bal against Mayo's arse, which then bobbled into the net. (vs Chester City 3-2 reverse)
It hit Paul Watson i think

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Jim in the West said:
And what about that goal that the Palace keeper gifted us - must have been in the early eighties. If my dim recollection serves me, it was that keeper who used to come out before the game and do an amazing series of stretches, cartwheels, etc, etc - great fun to watch.

Peter Burridge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here