Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson's howler ... closest comparison

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The only goal-keeping error I have seen live (not on TV) which comes close to equalling Henderson's howler yesterday was an error by David James when we playing at Watford a good few seasons back. He gifted us a goal that I believe won us the game.

Anyone else see it?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Barrel of Fun said:
I am sure I remember seeing Walton kick the bal against Mayo's arse, which then bobbled into the net. (vs Chester City 3-2 reverse)

True, in the west goal at Withdean.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You weren't at Southend to watch our Carling Cup exit then?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The Large One said:
Andy Petterson.

Was that when he fell over as he ran backwards at Withdean, allowing the Gillingham player to roll it into an empty net from 30 yards?

Yikes, that was horrific. Gillingham were leading 3-2 at the time, and I'm sure their player was heading for the corner flag until the goalie went arse over tit, and then he could hardly refuse the goal could he.

Barrel of Fun said:
I am sure I remember seeing Walton kick the bal against Mayo's arse, which then bobbled into the net. (vs Chester City 3-2 reverse)

Unfair comparison...one has to consider the size of Kerry's butt-nearly impossible to miss it if in front of you:lolol:

Sorry Kerry:down:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Barrel of Fun said:
I am sure I remember seeing Walton kick the bal against Mayo's arse, which then bobbled into the net.
Mayos arse bobbled into the net? Surely that's not a goal then.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
kuipers walked it into the net when we were on a record streak on time since we last let a goal in i seem to recall still won the game 3-1 i think

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
seven stands said:
kuipers walked it into the net when we were on a record streak on time since we last let a goal in i seem to recall still won the game 3-1 i think

East Goal.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
goldstone said:
The only goal-keeping error I have seen live (not on TV) which comes close to equalling Henderson's howler yesterday was an error by David James when we playing at Watford a good few seasons back. He gifted us a goal that I believe won us the game.

Anyone else see it?

Remember that well. Watford away years back. James f***ed it and Raphael Meade scored the goal which gave us a one nil win.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Barrel of Fun said:

Similar to the goal which we got at Plymouth years ago (possibly 97 or 98?) - midweek game where we won (I think 2-1). I could be getting confused, but was that also the game that Jamie Moralee scored for us?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
And what about that goal that the Palace keeper gifted us - must have been in the early eighties. If my dim recollection serves me, it was that keeper who used to come out before the game and do an amazing series of stretches, cartwheels, etc, etc - great fun to watch.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
now i could be wrong - but didn't we have another comic moment at home to brentford this year?

Another ball that should have been in row z that ended with an opposition forward skipping round the keeper to score in the 92 minute.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
goldstone said:

Anyone else see it?

Raphael Meade goal? Don't remember the exact details but it definitely won us the game. Watford brought on a young Rod Thomas who ran us ragged beat all our players at least twice and then lost the ball on each occasion though :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What about Roberts in the LDV Trophy against Forest Green ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kupiers catching a high ball at Withdean and carrying it back into the goal, but we won't mention that because he is GOD

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here