Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson today

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I thought he was excellent.

Do not think it is fair to put the goal down to him as one PLANK near me did.

Fair enough he got caught in no mans land but not many players could have taken advantage like that.

He also made some brilliant saves and his handling from crosses and distribution was first class.

Last edited:

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Agreed, he made an error after his header away, but like i said to people around me who were insistant that the guy is shit, you had to give Eagles credit for the shot.

Full time and they were all raving about what a good keeper he is.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
people blaming him for the goal are talking out of their arses - how the hell could he have headed the ball into touch from that angle? And you can hardly kick a ball when it is above head height!

Had a bloody good goal imho, good shout:clap:

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
He was awesome as he always is, and this was proved with his call up to the senior ireland squad this week, but did his error bring back bad memories of the last time we went down, with another goalkeeping blunder ?

Yes, Andy Petterson against Gillingham....now, im not saying wayne is anywhere near is bad but just brought back a few bad memories.

Great goal from Chris Eagles, he is looking to be a superb prospect.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Referee87 said:
He was awesome as he always is, and this was proved with his call up to the senior ireland squad this week, but did his error bring back bad memories of the last time we went down, with another goalkeeping blunder ?

Yes, Andy Petterson against Gillingham....now, im not saying wayne is anywhere near is bad but just brought back a few bad memories.

Great goal from Chris Eagles, he is looking to be a superb prospect.

Why was it 'HIS ERROR' - was he expected to just let the striker run at him!?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A number of fine saves in the second half kept us from a HIDING. He's a good keeper - tho I remain in the camp of those who think FDM is a more natural athlete who would have done an equally good job for us this season. Which would have freed up the Henderson fee to be put towards a proper striker.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Knightsworld said:
Agreed, he made an error after his header away, but like i said to people around me who were insistant that the guy is shit, you had to give Eagles credit for the shot.

Full time and they were all raving about what a good keeper he is.

He certainly is. I'm being driven to distraction by someone who sits near me who moans incessantly every match about how dreadful Henderson is. It seems the excellent saves he made this afternoon didn't make up for his "error" when Eagles scored . Everything that goes wrong is apparently Henderson's fauilt. Perhaps she'd like to watch Boston instead as apparently Kuipers can do no wrong!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I tried to point out to a complete LEMON near me that Henderson's momentum once he had run out to head it would have contributed to him carrying on further out of goal but he was having NONE of it. The SPOON.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Richie Morris said:
I tried to point out to a complete LEMON near me that Henderson's momentum once he had run out to head it would have contributed to him carrying on further out of goal but he was having NONE of it. The SPOON.

Probably one of the people on Talksport that wanted to sign Roy Keane.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He had no choice but to go for the ball or allow the player a one on one, but I think that he could have done better with the header, but then again he is a goalkeeper not an outfield player.

The shot was good but shots like that look spectacular when they go in or cold just have easily bounced over the abr. Eagles will never score another goal like that during his career.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If he hadn't come off his line then that would have been a goal anyway.
Not many players can sink a goal like Eagles (what a dreadful name) could so it was a quality goal rather than keeper error.
I like Henderson and I am glad we bought him.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
The only thing I can fault Henderson with today was his sometimes over-eagerness to always look to distribute the ball into an attack regardless of whether it is actually an option or not.

Sometimes i think he has read too much of his own press (from McGhee) telling him how important he is to the teams counter-attacking. At least twice in the first half he threw the ball towards either Frutos or Carole but it was nowhere near reaching them and ended up with an immediate Watford attack and us in a scramble to defend.

Sometimes he needs to hold the ball, take stock and let the team move back up the field. A quick release of the ball is great, but only if there is a reasonable attacking option.

(Just my opinion - no doubt I'll be shot down for daring to criticise Hendo)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's a fair point 227. I did see that at least once.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
227 BHA said:
The only thing I can fault Henderson with today was his sometimes over-eagerness to always look to distribute the ball into an attack regardless of whether it is actually an option or not.

Sometimes i think he has read too much of his own press (from McGhee) telling him how important he is to the teams counter-attacking. At least twice in the first half he threw the ball towards either Frutos or Carole but it was nowhere near reaching them and ended up with an immediate Watford attack and us in a scramble to defend.

Sometimes he needs to hold the ball, take stock and let the team move back up the field. A quick release of the ball is great, but only if there is a reasonable attacking option.

(Just my opinion - no doubt I'll be shot down for daring to criticise Hendo)

Fair point that - he was bowling out the ball to the wingers, who then had to control it and were instantly under pressure - Knight up at Leeds is the ony goal i can think of that we've scored as a result of Hendersonl

While people are moaning about Henderson's terrible performance - and especially the goal, which any PLUM can see was entirely his fault - don't you think we should also blame McShane for failing to catch the ball in his bare hands before it went into the back of the net?

And where was Gary Hart when what was needed was a two-footed crunching tackle - studs leading - on Eagles?

To say nothing of the linesman, who should have noticed a clear offside just ten seconds earlier.

:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here