Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson signs! [Merged Threads]

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bargain of the century. 35k at most for a quality young keeper? We'd have been stupid not to sign him, given the chance.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Cheaper than Blayney as well which I tihnk is amazing cos henderson seeme dliek a better keeper than blayney.

Great signing in my view

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well I guess either FDM or Flo will be off pretty soon then. Good signing so long as keeley can teach him to stop parrying the ball back to onrushing strikers.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Remember when Kuipers arrived? He wasn't very good was he?

I've heard plenty of comments about how good a goalkeeping coach Keeley is - I respect his judgment too.

If Keeley didn't think Hendo wasn't decent, we wouldn't have signed him. Perhaps he also feels he's taken Kuipers as far as he can?

just speculating right?

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Great signing imho. Henderson's distribution and kicking are much better than FDM's and he seems to talk to his defence alot more than Kuipers does. Not as great at shot stopping or confident in coming for crosses, but that can be worked on by the coaches.

Love the way people are moaning about us actually signing someone and a quality signing at that. Snip at 35k. Imagine the first game in February and Kuipers gets another long term injury again, we'd be up the proverbial creek with goalkeeping cover.

Grizz

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Henderson Signs

By Paul Camillin

Irish under-21 international goalkeeper Wayne Henderson has completed his move from Aston Villa to Brighton & Hove Albion this afternoon and goes straight into the squad for Saturday's trip to Sheffield United.

Brighton have paid an initial fee of £20,000, with a further £15,000 due if Henderson helps them maintain their Championship status this season.

0,,10433~2734238,00.jpg

The 23-year-old has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal with the club, said, "It's taken a long time to get sorted, but now that it is I'm delighted that it's been put to bed and I can get on with playing football again."

Mark McGhee added, "I'm delighted we have completed the signing. We have two permanent goalkeepers in Michel Kuipers and Wayne Henderson and there are not many Championship teams that have two goalkeepers as good as we have.

Meanwhile Maheta Molango has completed his loan move to Spanish side UB Conquense; while Albert Jarrett is set to join Swindon Town on a month's loan, subject to FA approval.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Great stuff, a fine keeper.:clap2: :clap2:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Sounds from that like he wants to keep FDM and Hendo. Guess Flo will be heading back to France soon.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Man of Harveys said:
Great stuff, a fine keeper.:clap2: :clap2:

good indeed

reasons for a good keeper becaus I for one want to see in the opponants goal tally

Dandyman

In London village.
Grizz said:
Great signing imho. Henderson's distribution and kicking are much better than FDM's and he seems to talk to his defence alot more than Kuipers does. Not as great at shot stopping or confident in coming for crosses, but that can be worked on by the coaches.

Love the way people are moaning about us actually signing someone and a quality signing at that. Snip at 35k. Imagine the first game in February and Kuipers gets another long term injury again, we'd be up the proverbial creek with goalkeeping cover.

Grizz

Well said, that man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here