Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

henderson part 2 - only a rumour

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bloke at work just phoned me to ask about Henderson.

He supports Brentford and a rumour up there is they are talking to his agent.

I am not sure of this at all, but it was strange he knew we were trying to sign him!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why would he play at that level and probably less money.He has stated that he wants to join us.Mind you if he was that keen he would of pulled out all stops to ensure a move was done.It doesn't sound like he is desperate to joinus like McGhee has said

Last edited:

algie said:
Why would he play at that level and probably less money.He has stated that he wants to join us.Mind you if he was that keen he would of pulled out all stops to ensure a move was done.It doesn't sound like he is desperate to joinus like McGhee has said

Henderson has said that he wants to play for us. The rumours that have been going round are that the deal has stalled due to his agent holding out for (more) money.

His agent is probably touting him around other interested clubs in the hope of getting that extra money from somewhere.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He does has the option of telling his agent where to go like Dodd did.He obviously isn't that desperate on a move to us.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
algie said:

He probably sees playing for them as his best chance of Championship football next year? We are so tight with wages that the money could be the same or more?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Oh well, we've got Doug Loft eh?
Could always try him in goal, hell its "play everyone out of position" year :dunce:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I've heard that he has been offered to Walsall.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Albion Dan said:
Hes probably been offered to every other club for a little bit more than we are prepared to pay.
Well i'm sure Villa can get more than £1.50 and a packet of crisps for Henderson!! :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to reports of the reserve match Kuipers played well so I would suggest that as either he or the agent acting for him has been playing silly buggers we tell them he either signs today or the deal is off. We should then stick with Kuipers for the remainder of this season and spend the money on other areas that need improving immediately. There will be other goalkeepers available during the summer and signing Henderson is not going to work the 'Brian Clough theory' that a goalkeeper earns or saves you 20 points season.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
But Rushden want to sign Kuipers.He was monitered at our last reserve match

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
BensGrandad said:
According to reports of the reserve match Kuipers played well so I would suggest that as either he or the agent acting for him has been playing silly buggers we tell them he either signs today or the deal is off. We should then stick with Kuipers for the remainder of this season and spend the money on other areas that need improving immediately. There will be other goalkeepers available during the summer and signing Henderson is not going to work the 'Brian Clough theory' that a goalkeeper earns or saves you 20 points season.

I agree - lets stick with Kuipers and Chez-nous and use the Henderson money elsewhere. Desperate times - desperate measures and all that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good chance we are gonna end up regretting not signing Blayney who made it quite clear he wanted to come here. I think Henderson just wants to get away from Villa.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Totally agree, i think with a few more games Chaigneau (or how ever you spell the damn thing!) will become more confident and hopefully some of his kicking will improve!
Still think FDM should be in between the posts but then again what do i know....

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Arthritic Toe said:
I agree - lets stick with Kuipers and Chez-nous and use the Henderson money elsewhere. Desperate times - desperate measures and all that.

But does he want to stay after the way he has been treated? He may be "doing a Leon Knight"? ???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
algie said:
But Rushden want to sign Kuipers.He was monitered at our last reserve match

Unless they offer an amount that we can't afford to turn down price him out of it as Southampton did with Blaney his price went from £25k last year to £75k reputedly and then he was sold this year for £50k. Who do you believe Rupert Lowe/Harry Rednap or BHA .

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The fact this deal is taking so long would suggest all is not straightforward as first thought. Henderson would be a sound investment not only from a football perspective but also a business one.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would be happy for us to set a deadline now... end of today seems sensible to me... worse case, the Henderson transfer kitty can be re-allocated to the "striker" fund... FDM is a great keeper... and Flo is a good back-up... (I would reinstate FDM immediately)... if Flo, flounces, then put one of the allegedly excellent young keepers on the bench...

Henderson and his agent need to realise that he is not indespensible to us...

TODAY, or forget it...

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
It is not as if we are that desperate for a new goalkeeper. Chaigneau and Kuipers both seem to be performing well by all reports, and a good keeper is only as good as the defence in front of him invariably.
I personally think the club hold the aces in this deal, as Henderson seems he urgently wants first team football, while we already have four goalkeepers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here