Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson in Rep of Ireland squad again

Yoda

English & European
London Irish said:
The bucketload he conceded at Boston including five-goal hauls?

And Henderson's not done that this season has he? :rolleyes:

[edit]Well done anyway Wayne. Will boost the price we'll get for you anyway.[/edit]

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what a JOKE

why is wayne in the ireland sqaud, yet michel is not even being considered for the holland squad

i really dont know what marco van basten is playing that. it is blatantly obvious that kuipers is the best keeper in the world, so why the hell is edwin van der sar preferred to him?

it is a joke:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I dont think the Hend Kuipers arguement is between the two of them.

Kuipers is a great shot stopper , poor at kicking , injury prone + question marks about his attitude.

Henderson has shown glimpses of great reaction saves , not bad at kicking but is pretty bad at crosses , punches too much and makes costly mistakes. Does have youth on his side + should improve though

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
SI 4 BHA said:
Good luck to the lad, but are there actually any other Irish keepers other than the 3 they named!

Yes, Nicky Colgan the Hibs keeper who Henderson displaced for one.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I realise that for various people on here, Wayne Henderson has committed the serious crime of NOT being Michel Kuipers, but FFS, one of our players has got in a full international squad and all you can do is have a go?

Does it occur to you that perhaps a contributory factor to the odd errors he's made this season is a lack of confidence caused by some of his own supposed supporters repeatedly slagging him off?

He's a young, relatively inexperienced goalkeeper, who, I happen to think, just might turn out to be one of the best in League One next season, so for crying out loud, give the guy a chance, stop living in a Kuipers-tinted dreamworld and get behind him.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
edna krabappel said:
I realise that for various people on here, Wayne Henderson has committed the serious crime of NOT being Michel Kuipers, but FFS, one of our players has got in a full international squad and all you can do is have a go?

Does it occur to you that perhaps a contributory factor to the odd errors he's made this season is a lack of confidence caused by some of his own supposed supporters repeatedly slagging him off?

He's a young, relatively inexperienced goalkeeper, who, I happen to think, just might turn out to be one of the best in League One next season, so for crying out loud, give the guy a chance, stop living in a Kuipers-tinted dreamworld and get behind him.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
edna krabappel said:

Well f***ing said. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
edna krabappel said:

Well i did then say Well done to Wayne (the fact that i don't rate him is MY OPINION)

:glare:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
jonny.rainbow said:
Yes, Nicky Colgan the Hibs keeper who Henderson displaced for one.

And Graham Stack, who probably is better than Henderson.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
fourthteamtillidie said:
No, BUT wouldnt palm shots onto opposition strikers/defenders/clod of turf thus resulting in an otherwise avoidable goal(s)/loss of points!

;)

Yep its like Perry Digweed all over again.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe you don't rate him, but to get in the Ireland squad shows that not everyone agrees.

Incidentally, bearing in mind you think he ain't much cop, maybe the international experience might bring his game on, so either way, the Albion can't lose.

Anyone would think Michel Kuipers never made mistakes, the way people leap on Henderson at times. The FDM was capable of brilliance, but he was also capable of bewilderingly comical errors too.

I am pleased for Henderson, and hope it builds up his confidence. I don't expect everyone to rate him, but he doesn't deserve to have the piss taken just for getting in the Ireland squad.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Why so surprised that he is in the squad again. He done great against Sweden and could the fact that he let in some goals for the seagulls lately be anything to do with our Defence. If they had been doing their job properly then he wouldn't have had the opportunity to let in any goals.

Well done Wayne :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
edna krabappel said:
Maybe you don't rate him, but to get in the Ireland squad shows that not everyone agrees.

Incidentally, bearing in mind you think he ain't much cop, maybe the international experience might bring his game on, so either way, the Albion can't lose.

Anyone would think Michel Kuipers never made mistakes, the way people leap on Henderson at times. The FDM was capable of brilliance, but he was also capable of bewilderingly comical errors too.

I am pleased for Henderson, and hope it builds up his confidence. I don't expect everyone to rate him, but he doesn't deserve to have the piss taken just for getting in the Ireland squad.

I just like arguing with everything LI says, as it makes my day pass a little quicker. (Sad I know.)

However, yes it can only benefit the Albion and that is a good thing.

I will give him a chance- I think his performances have dipped since he was purchased on a full time basis- something which happens on numerous occasions with loan players (playing for a contract, is one arguement)

FDM does make mistakes- his distribution skills are rightly ridiculed on occasions. But I also like the fact that he was an audible presence in the team. Something we could have done with following the loss of two influential captains.

Also my main beef is with McGhee for giving multiple reasons as to why he doesn't like Kuipers. Even if it is due to a personal disagreement he should say so- not hide behind distribution/it is fair to play the frenchman- after all he joined for a season didn't you know.

Wayne has a lot to prove and alot to benefit from by playing with the International squad- not least what he can learn from Shay Given. BUT he should not be an automatic first choice above a perfectly good goalkeeper.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I would have thought if nothing else this call up is going to do wonders for his confidence, which in the last few games has been knocked a tad.

I think people need to face the fact that if McGhee is here next season, Kuipers will be gone. The fact that both Martin and Sullivan have professional deals means that unless we sell Henderson, Kuipers has to go as we cannot justify 4 professional keepers on the books.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Those who complain about the Henderson-Kuipers debate:

maybe we should think ourselves lucky. I can still remember the Mark Walton years with great, great pain.

Now there was a REALLY shit keeper.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
edna krabappel said:
Those who complain about the Henderson-Kuipers debate:

maybe we should think ourselves lucky. I can still remember the Mark Walton years with great, great pain.

Now there was a REALLY shit keeper.

Amen to that sister!

Knew the AUDIBLE soundbite would trigger a nightmare or two!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here