Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson Deal Problems....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Brighton boss Mark McGhee says that an agent is holding up Wayne Henderson's permanent switch to the Withdean Stadium.

The Aston Villa shotstopper, who recently had a successful loan spell on the south coast, is desperate to leave the Premiership outfit.

McGhee said: "The problem at the moment is that there is a bit of an impasse with his representative. It hasn't really got anything to do with Wayne Henderson.

"We want to get Wayne here but we have to resolve that first.

"It's taking a bit longer than I had hoped but I hope he will be here for the weekend."

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its always seems to be fight fight fight on any thing the club want to do, I wish somebody somewhere would give us a break

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If he wanted to sign he would, just like Dodd did.

Like race said at the end of the day the agent doesnt have a say in which club his player wants to sign for.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
True. Kind of aligns with the rumour that he was asking for a hefty pay package.....He says I want to join, then says to agent, get as much as you can......

Just speculating though....

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
KinkyHitler said:

Like race said at the end of the day the agent doesnt have a say in which club his player wants to sign for.

No, but the agent does have a say in negotiations, paperwork etc. which I would imagine a player stays well clear of seeing as that is what he is paying the agent for.
The agent can cause problems and delays there.

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think we should try reverse physcology.

Tell the agent the deal is off.

Then we will see if Henderson *really* wants to play for us.

It's not as if we haven't already got a decent proven goalies in kuipers.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Henderson was on £11 k a week at Villa and has asked for £3k a week off us. So it is probably Tight not wanting to pay it as usual.
:censored:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
KinkyHitler said:

If he signs he plays and if he plays well he is in the shop window for a better deal should another club want him sio yes sign or rot in Villa reserves

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
bhafc4eva said:
Henderson was on £11 k a week at Villa and has asked for £3k a week off us. So it is probably Tight not wanting to pay it as usual.
:censored:

Source?

E

enigma

11k? I think not! Im not even sure if he's played a game for them.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
We have gone through 5/6 years of preseasons and transfer windows being told we have money available and with high expectations only to watch all our rivals sign players and us lose out and eventually sign either no one, the left overs or 'ones for the future'.

Not saying that some haven't worked out and that there are good reasons for it but you would think we would have got the drift by now.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
BarrelofFun said:
He says I want to join, then says to agent, get as much as you can......

And why not?

That's exactely what I (and any other normal person) would do. Footballers have short careers and so they need to make as much as possible in the time they are fit.

Saying it is the agent at fault is a way of stopping the Brighton fans hating him before he joins.

Personally I'd send him back to the reserves at Villa to think about it whislt we get by with our two first string keepers we already have!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Lammy said:
And why not?

That's exactely what I (and any other normal person) would do. Footballers have short careers and so they need to make as much as possible in the time they are fit.

Saying it is the agent at fault is a way of stopping the Brighton fans hating him before he joins.

Personally I'd send him back to the reserves at Villa to think about it whislt we get by with our two first string keepers we already have!

I wasn't contesting it. I was merely stating facts. I agree with you wholeheartedly. It is important to get yourself the best deal, but he must weigh up how much football he wants now to progress and how much money he wants.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Our problem is that we don't even have the option to bluff him by pretending to go for Blayney. He knows that it's him or nobody.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here