Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Helping The Brummies With Their Stadium

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Naa stuff 'em, why should we bother? It's their own fault they haven't got a ground and they shouldn't try and build a new one in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Think of the bats. Won't someone pleeeeease think of the bats.

Naa stuff 'em, why should we bother? It's their own fault they haven't got a ground and they shouldn't try and build a new one in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside.

I realise that is taking the piss... but nonetheless, Warwickshire is a good 20 miles from Birmingham since the creation of the metropolitan county of West Midlands in the 1970s. It'd be quite an effort to build a stadium for Birmingham in Warwickshire (although I realise that the reverse is quite true for the cricket team).

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I realise that is taking the piss... but nonetheless, Warwickshire is a good 20 miles from Birmingham since the creation of the metropolitan county of West Midlands in the 1970s. It'd be quite an effort to build a stadium for Birmingham in Warwickshire (although I realise that the reverse is quite true for the cricket team).
I know, but 'beautiful West Midlands countryside' didn't have quite the same ring!

Also I don't want the facts to get in the way of my unreasoned and ill-thought out opposition ...

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Is this about funding? Surley Birmingham as a Premiership club, with wealthy owners don't need funding from the local council??!!

Doesn't sound entirely like the predicament we found ourselves in.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Is this about funding? Surley Birmingham as a Premiership club, with wealthy owners don't need funding from the local council??!!

Doesn't sound entirely like the predicament we found ourselves in.

Quite.

I have to say I'm dubious here. It has been well documented for years that Birmingham City are one of the best run clubs in the country. They aren't in debt, they've experienced a fair amount of success in recent years and their stadium is already a damned sight better than a lot of other grounds for clubs of a similar stature.

I always want to help other clubs, but do they really need my help with this one?

Can someone clarify what exactly the Brummies are after from the council? Do they just want funding for a new stadium?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here