Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help to find a dog a home: Please have a read.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I won't allow Womble to be put down. Please contact me if you do not find a home for him in the next 72 hours. We already have Floozy, a Cocker Spaniel who is very laid back so won't mind an addition to the family.

Please PM me if you need. We'd give him a good life to make up for the poor start he has had.

PM'd you, thank you.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
View attachment 77632View attachment 77633

Help request: Are you or anyone you know able to provide a home for Womble? He's a 5 month old Saluki Lurcher that a friend found dumped by the roadside. He's in the care of the RSPCA who can only keep him for 3 days once he's well again, otherwise he will be put down. He is in the Redhill area. This isn't a charity or circular thing and we would really appreciate it if you could share on here and spread the word. Thanks guys, let's get him a home!

Dog's Trust is a slim possibility but a home is his best chance.

First thing somebody needs to do is get him out of the RSPCA, take him to the Blue Cross were he'll be looked after and not put down. Poor thing deserves better that. Good luck in finding a new home for him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good to see that kind hearted NSCers may have saved this lovely looking dog. Having had two rescue dogs it warms the heart :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
First thing somebody needs to do is get him out of the RSPCA, take him to the Blue Cross were he'll be looked after and not put down. Poor thing deserves better that. Good luck in finding a new home for him

Your are right and that is being strived for, not always straight forward unfortunately but with the response on here and other groups I'm pretty confident he'll get a home. Would be nice to see him go with an NSCer though so fingers crossed one of the two on this thread get to meet him.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Nice to see that this pooch has found a NSC home , i had no idea the RSPCA put dogs down after just a short space of time , is this common practice ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nice to see that this pooch has found a NSC home , i had no idea the RSPCA put dogs down after just a short space of time , is this common practice ?

I'm not sure. It was my friend who's a vet nurse that contacted me and she's very knowledgable about these situations. It doesn't seem a long enough time but that's what she told me and like I say she deals with this all the time. Looks like we'll find a home for him though, been a great response.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nibble, I just had a call from the woman at Lurcher SOS. She said they can help if you can't find anyone to take him.

You're a star, thank you. That's great news. I passed on their details to my friend last night so I think she'll be in touch today. And yes, a great response from you guys, NSC at it's finest. :clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Threads like this in amongst all the Rubbish are heart-warming.

Excellent work NSC!!!

Which needs a definitive resolution NOW.

Irrespective of the fact I can't afford Womble, and I don't have the time or energy for Womble.
If he's not taken soon I'll miraculously find all that and so much more to give to him, just because of those horrid photos.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I'd love to have another dog and if circumstances were different we would. If I won lottery I'd open my own rescue centre and do that all day whilst studying to be a vet!

My contribution to this is therefore that I asked my wife to post this story on the Facebook last night to spread news. I'm heartened to hear Womble has been saved therefore and as others have said, NSC at its finest. Literally saving lives. :)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If Womble would like to come and be loved and looked after in a crazy house with three kids a Jack Russell and a psychotic cat then he's very welcome, I think my daughter has fallen in love with him already. We also live near Redhill so whatever you decide Nibble we have to save this beautiful dog and put a smile back on his face.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thank you all. There are some strong leads but nothing definite yet. It appears that Lurcher SOS will take him if it comes to a choice of that or be put down. However, obviously a secure home would be best.
It's not my decision, this was passed to me by a very good friend to spread the word.
I am off to work now but please, please PM me and I'll give you her number to call. I'll check my messages a bit later tonight.
My friend welcomes any and all enquiries so don't be backward in coming forward if you feel you can give Womble the home he needs. Thanks once again.
PM me if you can help. And thanks to all those who have spread the word.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If you friend speaks to Lurcher SOS get her to mention it's the dog from the 'football forum' and that they spoke to Adam.

Have done so. And thank you for your help. It is really appreciated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here