Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help save Crystal Palace

BIG GAY AL

May 27, 2008
Palace and Portsmouth both got themselves into a lot of trouble, they can get themselves out of it. RBS want what is theres and a little interest IF possible which seems fair. Rather see the govt run bank just sell it for property development.

Football is football and finance is finance so i really don't care if they go under

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Reluctantly I have written to my MP in support of Palace fans.

My reluctance has nothing to do with any dislike of the club but rather a feeling that the bidding consortium are being disingenuous in the extreme in their assertion that buying both the club and the ground is the only possible way forward (their assertion that "we all agree" with this being the sole possibility is especially galling). Clearly this is not true and I am left, unavoidably, with the instinctive feeling that they are interested solely in future profit and that this offers nothing to the potential long term security of the club or any concern for the fans. If it were possible at this stage to secure a future for the club whilst ensuring that the consortium's potential for profiteering was blocked I would not have written in the club's support. However it seems that, with the fans' cogniscance through their continued inaction, this cannot now happen.

It is still the case that the fans have done nothing in the defence of their club. Only the potential profiteers are doing so even now. Do they therefore deserve support? Frankly in my view not, although I offer it out of empathy for fellow grass roots football fans even if they are unable to stir themselves into action on their own behalf. I genuinely hope that this ploy by the bidding consortium fails even though I find myself forced to support it. A sad state of affairs indeed.

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
They have fu@@ed people over twice before. If you were playing a game of poker would you let someone off twice just so they could carry on playing?

What is it with people on this board? The situation between palace and our problems couldn't be more different. They have shafted every other club in the championship; TWICE! Why the Fu@k should they be supported in doing it a third time?

They need to go bust to protect other decent clubs from being tempted from doing the same thing. They'll still have a club; just much lower down the league.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Done if you a real Brighton fan you hate palace and of your a real Brighton fan you need palace to hate. Good luck to OUR scum. And keep next Saturday free incase of a fans united

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Done if you a real Brighton fan you hate palace and of you a real Brighton fan you need palace to hate. Good luck to OUR scum. And keep next Saturday free

Really? If you are a real football fan you will give them up for the good of the game.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Really? If you are a real football fan you will give them up for the good of the game.

And half the amount of songs you youngsters sing ?

Edit just looked at your age. You must relise that with out palace we lose so much unless we will now hate Swindon or someother nothing team

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
And half the amount of songs you youngsters sing ?

Edit just looked at your age. You must relise that with out palace we lose so much unless we will now hate Swindon or someother nothing team

To be honest I gave up hating palace years ago. I love the rivalry and can't help mocking them when I see them but hate is too strong for another football team/fan.

I really do believe though that a club who has shown such disregard for other clubs and fans of those other clubs should face the music.

They won't of course and we'll have some equivalent of that arsehole saints fan gloating on here about how they've outbid us for some player or other. Liede just limps on in this way I guess.

I believe they should be made an example of, they got away with it before and thought it so easy they'd do it again. Had a modicom of sympathy last time; not now.

If anyone has a good argument against this view I would love to hear it; I feel like a bit of a shit thinking in this way but feel very strongly that I am justified.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
To be honest I gave up hating palace years ago. I love the rivalry and can't help mocking them when I see them but hate is too strong for another football team/fan.

I really do believe though that a club who has shown such disregard for other clubs and fans of those other clubs should face the music.

They won't of course and we'll have some equivalent of that arsehole saints fan gloating on here about how they've outbid us for some player or other. Liede just limps on in this way I guess.

I believe they should be made an example of, they got away with it before and thought it so easy they'd do it again. Had a modicom of sympathy last time; not now.

If anyone has a good argument against this view I would love to hear it; I feel like a bit of a shit thinking in this way but feel very strongly that I am justified.

As we've discussed on the other thread Horses, I have some sympathy for your view. But if it happens then those tossers who should face the music will just walk away and it'll be the fans who suffer.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
I can't honestly say I dissagre with you plus the fact that 29 people who aren't over paid footballers have been made unemployed through no fault of their own, and if it was anyone else I would be saying wind them up. But can't help but think it wouldn't be the same without then

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They have fu@@ed people over twice before. If you were playing a game of poker would you let someone off twice just so they could carry on playing?

What is it with people on this board? The situation between palace and our problems couldn't be more different. They have shafted every other club in the championship; TWICE! Why the Fu@k should they be supported in doing it a third time?

They need to go bust to protect other decent clubs from being tempted from doing the same thing. They'll still have a club; just much lower down the league.
Indeed. Having read your posts I do think you are one of the few people on here who sees the bigger picture, a lot of others can't see beyond a very basic "Palace mustn't die, think of the fans and besides we need them because they're our rivals" view.

However if the current club goes bust Palace won't 'die' all the while their fans care about their club. They'll do what all clubs should do in this position - form a new club and start again. Aldershot did it. Accrington Stanley did it. Bradford (Park Avenue) did it. Newport County did it, and Chester City have just done it. The problem in the past has been that it's only the small clubs who are forced to go down that route, the bigger clubs (Leeds, Leicester, Southampton) all get away with it, which is wrong. They can use their size to make sure there is one rule for big clubs and one rule for small ones.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Indeed. Having read your posts I do think you are one of the few people on here who sees the bigger picture, a lot of others can't see beyond a very basic "Palace mustn't die, think of the fans and besides we need them because they're our rivals" view.

However if the current club goes bust Palace won't 'die' all the while their fans care about their club. They'll do what all clubs should do in this position - form a new club and start again. Aldershot did it. Accrington Stanley did it. Bradford (Park Avenue) did it. Newport County did it, and Chester City have just done it. The problem in the past has been that it's only the small clubs who are forced to go down that route, the bigger clubs (Leeds, Leicester, Southampton) all get away with it, which is wrong. They can use their size to make sure there is one rule for big clubs and one rule for small ones.

Absolutely. I came to realise that it is about supporting your club wherever they play and at whatever level, no matter how shite the players at any given time might be. I've indoctrinated my kids into following Brighton and they go to school within ten miles of Stamford bridge; thay also now realise it's about identity, meaning and passion NOT success.

Aldershot are back in the league at their natural position despite going out of business; in the unlikey event of palace going bust the same will happen with them. However, the natural position won't necessarily bevthe championship.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
fyi....

Thank you very much for your e-mail to George Osborne.

If you are contacting George in his capacity as Chancellor of the Exchequer, please re-send your e-mail to: public.enquiries@hm-treasury.gov.uk. Alternatively, write to The Correspondence & Enquiry Unit, HM Treasury, 1 Horseguards Road, London, SW1A 2HQ or telephone 020 7270 4558.

If you are a Tatton resident, your e-mail is being directed to George's Constituency Office, which will be in touch shortly. The Constituency Office, which is for constituent enquiries only, can be reached on 01565 873037.

If you are a personal contact of George's, your e-mail will be forwarded accordingly.

With kind regards,

Office of Rt Hon George Osborne MP
Chancellor of the Exchequer
House of Commons
London SW1A 0AA

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

cablev@parliament.uk
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here