Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

help-Recording from Digiboxes.??

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
I've recently bought a cheapo digibox (sagem) which works fine except I'm having trouble recording the "non-terrestial" channels.

I assume I should be able to set the video to record all these new channels if I wish.

Do I have to programme the video to recognise all these new channels.? or is there some clever way of doing it.?

Regards

Techno thicky :dunce:

FatboyTim

Jul 14, 2003
the moon
you'll probably find that you've got the digi box plugged straight into your TV rather than through the VCR.
Otherwise, just tune one of your VCR's channels into the signal from the digibox and you're there.

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
I'm probably being thick, but, If I tune a video channel (say 7) to the digibox, I presumably have to set the video to 7 when I wish to record. How do I then tell the video what channel to record - there is no readout on the digibox.

:dunce:

FatboyTim

Jul 14, 2003
the moon
Cadman said:
I'm probably being thick, but, If I tune a video channel (say 7) to the digibox, I presumably have to set the video to 7 when I wish to record. How do I then tell the video what channel to record - there is no readout on the digibox.

You just tell it to record the channel you've got tuned into the digibox, then you'll just have to leave the digibox set to the right channel.
Some boxes let you set in advance the channels, but you still have to remember to set the video.

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks FT.

I assume then that I can't watch say news24 and record channel 5. I have to have the box set to the number I want to record.?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Cadman said:
Thanks FT.

I assume then that I can't watch say news24 and record channel 5. I have to have the box set to the number I want to record.?

For 'news24' read 'Men and Motors',
and for 'channel 5' read 'The Adult Channel freeview'

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here