Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

help please

thewaterboy

Mar 6, 2008
a farm
i want to become a train driver, how do i go about it as i looked on southern website and there was no details there.

thanks

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Ernest,Bulldog or Grizz might be able to help.Try sending them a pm.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Do you have to start on a miniture railway and work your way up?

24_08_51---Miniture-Steam-Railway_web.jpg

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
If you go onto the southern web site, Home - Southern railway, on the menu on the left, click on "ABOUT SOUTHERN", cursor down to "CAREERS AT SOUTHERN" and click on that.
On the right hand side of the new page there's a link to "SOUTHERN RECRUITMENT". Click on that and it takes you to their recruitment page.
I get blocked from going on to it at work so cannot obtain the link but follow these instructions and you should be ok.

thewaterboy

Mar 6, 2008
a farm
If you go onto the southern web site, Home - Southern railway, on the menu on the left, click on "ABOUT SOUTHERN", cursor down to "CAREERS AT SOUTHERN" and click on that.
On the right hand side of the new page there's a link to "SOUTHERN RECRUITMENT". Click on that and it takes you to their recruitment page.
I get blocked from going on to it at work so cannot obtain the link but follow these instructions and you should be ok.

thank you

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Have you tried London Underground? They always used to be looking for drivers and I think the pay was quite good.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Have you tried London Underground? They always used to be looking for drivers and I think the pay was quite good.

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BgwoPG63B3Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BgwoPG63B3Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A mate of mine got a job driving steam trains.
He was well chuffed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
İbrahim Tatlıses;2773785 said:
Don't do it!

Apparently one of the most soul destroying jobs around due to the sheer amount of people who choose to top themselves on the tracks. Could you get over seeing something so horrific, and being helpless to do anything to save them?

Well....whats the pay like ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here