Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help. Our dog is a racist!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Quite seriously. A couple of weeks back my step-daughter told me our dog was racist, only barking at non-white people. I told her not to be such a numpty, but yesterday found out she's right.

Quite happily out walking the dog aloing Newhaven beach, she was minding her own business, ignoring everybody, until we approaced an Indian chap fishing. The dog went MENTAL! Barking, straining at the lead, yapping, growling, the works, all in the direction of this poor Indian chap.

It appears she is not particularly fussy about what race, Indian, African, Pakistani, Chinese, as long as the person is not white, she goes loopy! It's really all rather embarrassing now.

Suggestions? And no, I won't shoot the dog.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Racist dog? I've not heard anything like this since "The Dambusters"...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pasty's dog, yesterday..

51510-main.jpg

Racist dog? I've not heard anything like this since "The Dambusters"...

There are certainly racist dogs. 'White' dogs are quite common amongst certain groupings, I've known skinheads with dogs called hitler and trained to attack.

My fathers dog in South Africa is a somewhat 'white' dog although they are nowhere near as common over there as they used to be 20 years ago.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I totally believe you. Our old dog was the same, but only with people of african origin. I read something about it being a pheremone thing. Along with all that stuff about how animals can smell fear and so on.

It could be worse, you're only in Newhaven. The dog was living in Selhurst at the time...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In case anybody thinks you are being serious, that dog was innocently named after the Latin word for black, presumably by a Classicly educated RAF type.

The Latin word for black is 'niger'. I suspect the dog might have been named after the word prevalent at the time for a black person.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Quite seriously. A couple of weeks back my step-daughter told me our dog was racist, only barking at non-white people. I told her not to be such a numpty, but yesterday found out she's right.

Quite happily out walking the dog aloing Newhaven beach, she was minding her own business, ignoring everybody, until we approaced an Indian chap fishing. The dog went MENTAL! Barking, straining at the lead, yapping, growling, the works, all in the direction of this poor Indian chap.

It appears she is not particularly fussy about what race, Indian, African, Pakistani, Chinese, as long as the person is not white, she goes loopy! It's really all rather embarrassing now.

Suggestions? And no, I won't shoot the dog.

Can i buy it please?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here