Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help needed for Falmer project

PrestonPark Gull

Mar 30, 2010
I posted the message below a couple of weeks ago but I am still looking for a few more willing volunteers for Saturday preferably supporters of a younger vintage (18-25)!

PS. If any of the moderators can and are willing to make this a sticky I would be eternally grateful.

Hello All,

I am seeking help from Albion supporters with a research project, which I am undertaking as part of my Masters degree course in Sport, Media and Culture at the Chelsea School, part of the University of Brighton.

The research project (which will form my dissertation) will look at a number of issues around the club’s temporary ‘home’ grounds since their departure from the Goldstone in 1997 and the pending move to Falmer. I am particularly interested in finding out the views of a cross section of Albion supporters on the following issues / questions:

The impact of the various relocations on both your support and general support for the club

The experiences and feelings of attending games at the club’s different ‘home’ grounds in recent years in terms of facilities, atmosphere, travel, enjoyment etc

What does the idea of a community stadium and its location in Falmer mean to supporters?

How will the move to Falmer affect your support for the club and how it will affect or change the profile of the club’s support in terms of size, location, class, age, gender etc?

As part of my research I am looking for a small group of supporters representing a range of age groups and geographical locations across Brighton & Hove and Sussex to take part in an informal focus group to discuss the above and any other related issues at the Sportsman pub on Saturday May 8th before Albion’s final home game of the season against Yeovil Town. It should take no more than an hour and drinks will be provided!

If you are interested in taking part in my research I would love to hear from you. You can contact me in the first instance to register your interest either by e-mail at J.D.Essex@brighton.ac.uk or by telephone on 07763129021.

Yours Sincerely,

Joel Essex
Sport, Media and Culture MA Student, University of Brighton

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Why post it on the ATFPT forum as well?

:facepalm:

Feb 14, 2010
Do your own homework. Kids today want spoon feeding. Kick up the arse working down Newhaven dockside is what you need my lad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here