Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help: Moving To Brighton

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will be my first time actually living in Brighton...

What are the best/cheapest supermarkets in central Brighton, where does everyone reccomend? Any tips/advice on living in the city would be greatly appreciated...move in just before the Stockport game, and should make it along to the match as well...what a cracking day that will be!

Waitrose on Western Road is the best , proven by the fact that most of the gay community living in the area shop there. Asda is the place to go when shopping on a budget despite Tesco saying otherwise (dont get fooled by the clubcard scheme , you'll pay more and when you redeem the points be out of pocket compared to actually saving money in the first place). Until you know your way around dont go out on your own late at night as some areas in the town centre are dodgy to say the least.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Waitrose on Western Road is the best , proven by the fact that most of the gay community living in the area shop there. Asda is the place to go when shopping on a budget despite Tesco saying otherwise (dont get fooled by the clubcard scheme , you'll pay more and when you redeem the points be out of pocket compared to actually saving money in the first place). Until you know your way around dont go out on your own late at night as some areas in the town centre are dodgy to say the least.

I cannot agree at all with your last sentence. West St is by far the worst but the main complaint is it's full of vile and ugly pissed people, it's not what I would call dangerous.

In fact me and the missus have sometimes taken a West St detour to view the animals.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice part of town. Some reasonable pubs round there: Hampton and Windmill. Also Bees Mouth on Western Road is close by and does Asahi which is the perfect antidote to a balmy evening. Waitrose is in your hood as well.

Mmmm. Just read The Hampton (Arms?) has been sold and will under go the inevitable re-fit. Pub was perfect in a typical Brighton slightly scruffy relaxed way. I hope it doesnt become all beach wood, chrome and bright lights. Bees Mouth is still the same though.

There is a really nice trad cafe just down from the Hampton as well. All checker table cloths and Heinz bottles on the tables. Billy's I think it's called.

Anyways, welcome and enjoy.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
thanks for all the help, just thought I'd report that the flight was brilliant and we even flew over Brighton on our way into Gatwick...couldn't see a thing though, damn clouds and all that. In Sussex now but not moving to Brighton until Saturday...of course will be stopping in at the Falmer site (last time I was there 3 years ago was just a field) so that will be a special moment, moving into my first Brighton home, and then off to watch us THRASH Stockport...marvellous scenes!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I cannot agree at all with your last sentence. West St is by far the worst but the main complaint is it's full of vile and ugly pissed people, it's not what I would call dangerous.

In fact me and the missus have sometimes taken a West St detour to view the animals.

Apart from the pissheads there are also the chavs and druggies to contend with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here