Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help me get a better wage

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Below is an email I'm about to send to the sales manager at a company i've been contracting for. The problem is he made me a pretty shit opening offer which decreases my basic wage. Any ideas on what I can add? I get on well with guy so can afford to be slightly cocky.

Hi ****,

Thanks for the time discussing the job opportunities, the more I think about it I’m certain ****** will be the right move for me. I’ve really enjoyed it so far. This might be a bit early to start negotiating but with regard to salary I’m not happy with the prospect of the 60/40 split at 30k – although I can accept a split as part of a sales role.

At the moment I earn around 23.5K as a basic and feel I’ve proved myself as a driven and motivated person. Since I’ve been at ******* I’ve been hitting and beating targets with no financial incentive (Ok - the half day was a good idea!).

If the role has to be 60/40 split I would like 21K as the basic.

Also I’m sure I’ve seen the roles advertised at this rate (35k OTE) on a few job sites. I feel I deserve to be in this bracket given my proven ability and commitment in the role. While I’m talking myself up I think my existing skills in identifying opportunities and sales development can really help push the CSS side of the business and the value we give to CSD.

Seeing as you will start the ball rolling thought it best to let you know my thoughts. I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

David

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Basically, that you feel that a decrease in basic wage in unacceptable. You have put your heart and soul into the job and you feel this deserves a just reward.

Instead of saying I'm sure I've seen.....perhaps you should do a little research into pay packages for similar positions. So that you can quote the standard market value of a person in your position.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
BarrelofFun said:
Basically, that you feel that a decrease in basic wage in unacceptable. You have put your heart and soul into the job and you feel this deserves a just reward.

Instead of saying I'm sure I've seen.....perhaps you should do a little research into pay packages for similar positions. So that you can quote the standard market value of a person in your position.

Good tip, will do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here