Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help I've just washed my i-pod.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Send it back to Apple and say you heard they were recalling them because of the battery overheating.
When they ask about the water damage, just tell them the battery overheated so much it burst into flames and you had to put them out somehow.

*make sure you singe the ipod first*

Oh look what I've done! You'll never guess. I've only gone and washed my ipod. What am I like?

You're like a tiresome bore who thinks your incessant public postings of streams of consciousness are always worth posting when actually they're very very tedious indeed. That's what.

Do tell us when you lose your bus ticket down the side of the fridge, or when you next choke on a gingernut eh?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Don't turn it on. Put it in a plastic bag with a couple of handfuls of rice , in an airing cupboard for three days. Change the rice after three days and then three days later it may be OK.

I have done this to one of my kid's IPods

It worked.

TNBA

TTF

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
I knocked a glass of water of mine, still works but only when getting charge from a dock. However, Apple seem to be doing a product recall on this model now and I'm currently awaiting my box so that I can return it for replacement.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I washed some clothes the other day and found a clipper in there after, After all my fears it works fine. Now THAT is impressive.

clippers are a lot less complicated lol.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Why did you even attempt a serious answer :lol:

oh it was a mix of sheer surprise it actually work and jubilation over tonight lol. Mine just stop working for no reason. Repeatedly.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
oh it was a mix of sheer surprise it actually work and jubilation over tonight lol. Mine just stop working for no reason. Repeatedly.

Best thing is to put it in a bowl of rice and leave it in the boiler cupboard. :lol:

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I dropped my (landline) phone in the kitchen sink a while ago. A bowl of rice in the airing cupboard worked a treat. Unfortunately, a fair few grains of rice got inside the phone so I had to open it up to get them out!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Arse biscuits, obviously no amount of rice was gonna save my (well the wife's) I-pod.

So fancying a change and not a lot of cash in my pocket, I've brought a little 4GB Sony Walkman thingy.

No there's another problem.
I can't drop my ESPN podcasts into Windows Media Player, like I can for all my other podcasts.

Does anyone know why?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
and it turns out, they don't like it.

It was in the wash for about half an hour.
I've just retrieved it, and put it on the radiator.
Is there anything else I can do. I'm lost at work, without it.

Don't do the ironing
You will get a bad name

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I dropped a landmine in the kitchen sink a while ago. A bowl of rice in the airing cupboard worked a treat. Unfortunately, a fair few grains of rice got inside the phone so I had to open it up to get them out!

Really? A bowl of rice works against a 10lb plastic explosive charge.

Superb, thanks. Makes me happy that, heaven forbid it should happen, in the extremely unlikely event that I do likewise, I have a ready made on -hand solution.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here