Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help - Brighton bar and restaurant needed for Saturday

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Want to bring the wife into Brighton on Saturday evening for her birthday (and to celebrate our glorious victory of course!) :drink:

We are 50ish and need a busy modern bar where we can relax and celebrate before moving on (or upstairs?) to a restaurant (medium price European nosh probably)

I am sure someone out there can give me some ideas :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Assuming your weekend includes a trip to Withdean on Saturday...

Brewery Tap :thumbsup:

Oo-er, sorry, you said 'busy modern bar'. mods! Mods! Delete! DELETE!!

Seriously tho, Park View up Preston Drove, easy walk from the ground, might be what you need. Kids welcome, 5B bus straight into town from outside the door afterwards :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Champagne cocktail in The Grand, followed by s walk into the Lanes to go to Casa Don Carlos.

Unbeatable.

Been to Casa Don Carlos before, one of the few Brighton restaurants we have been in, loved it and would not hesitate to go back there

D

Deleted User X18H

Dyke Road Tavern then taxi to Terre a Terre that really is the best of both worlds plus you will probably be the first person ever to order a taxi to Terre a Terre in The DRT!!

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Dyke Road Tavern then taxi to Terre a Terre that really is the best of both worlds plus you will probably be the first person ever to order a taxi to Terre a Terre in The DRT!!

Have seen the Terre a Terre menu, looks tasty as veggie goes

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Been to Casa Don Carlos before, one of the few Brighton restaurants we have been in, loved it and would not hesitate to go back there

For something different, I would suggest Hotel du Vin, but it depends on which arm or which leg you wish to pay with.

Due South on the seafront is still getting decent reviews.

For a decent Italian, go to Si Signore in Sydney Street. No licence, so it's bring your own, and the pasta is very good. Good prices as well.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tru is pretty good

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Last time I walked past Pinxto People looked decidedly credit crunched and I assumed it had closed down.

I'd echo what other posters have said with Casa Don Carlos, Terre a Terre and Due South all being excellent eateries.

As for a stylish modern bar, have you tried the bar in the new MyHotel on Jubilee Street? That is very swish I must say and has a tremendous collection of drinks. You could of course then pop next door to Aldo Zilli's restaurant although I'm afraid I've not heard anything about it myself. Carluccio's is opposite but personally I find it too noisy.

Hope you find what you're looking for

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
pretty sure pinxto people has shut down. it was nice but overpriced. food for friends is very good, don't be put off becuase its vegetarian, lovely food, good service, nice place.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
can't agree with you lot about casa don carlos... not a great example of spanish cooking in my opinion.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
can't agree with you lot about casa don carlos... not a great example of spanish cooking in my opinion.

Really?

It's a Spanish restaurant run by Spanish staff and frequented by Spanish people.

A Spanish work colleague of mine (yes, alright it's only one person, as opposed to the entire populace of Spain) highly recommends the food as being very authentic. Except the paella...

She certainly advised me to steer clear of La Tasca - after I'd eaten there, sadly. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here