Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help a Brighton fan win a national comedy award...

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Hi everyone

I wonder if you could help a fellow Abion fan :)

Chortle, The UK comedy industry website, has made their award nominations; and good God I'm up for BEST COMPERE! I'm really very excited about this - not least of all because with YOU on my side, I could win this.

It's quite simple - all you have to do is go to phpQ Jr. Poll Menu and click on 'Chortle Comedy Awards 2009' and then, from the 'Best compere' list, select STEPHEN GRANT. I.e. me. Apparently, voting for me shows an increase in your libido and desirability of 20 to 30 percent. That's not been scientifically proven, but then science doesn't know everything.*

I've done my best to not dress this post up as begging, but I think we're close enough now to know that it clearly is. So please, please, please, vote me.

If you're unconvinced - I have a youtube link you can look at me dealing with Hecklers at the Comedy Store in London. Enjoy.

YouTube - Stephen Grant @ The Comedy Store, Sep 2007

Oh, and on another note, I might well be hosting the phone-in as a one-off in the not so distant future. Can't say more than that. In fact, probably wasn't even allowed to say that.

phpQ Jr. Poll Menu - in case you'd already forgotten.

Thanks in advance!!!

Stephen

* it does.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I saw you there when I went in to vote for the Redhill Comedy Cottage. Voted for you both :)

Anyone going into vote for Stephen, could you please add a vote for Comedy at the Cottage in Redhill? :) I love my cottaging nights :lol: Will be there on Friday for Lucy Porter!

Stephen - have you ever done a stint there?

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I saw you there when I went in to vote for the Redhill Comedy Cottage. Voted for you both :)

Anyone going into vote for Stephen, could you please add a vote for Comedy at the Cottage in Redhill? :) I love my cottaging nights :lol: Will be there on Friday for Lucy Porter!

Stephen - have you ever done a stint there?

No, because it clashes with Komedia! I might do one day though for a giggle. Lucy Porter is doubling up there this Friday; she opens at Komedia and closes in Redhill. Busy girl. :)

Last edited:

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
No, because it clashes with Komedia! I might do one day though for a giggle. Lucy Porter is doubling up there this Friday; she opens at Komedia and closes in Redhill. Busy girl. :)

Popular too by all accounts. My bf LOVES her but I've not seen her do a gig yet.

I shall await your arrival at the cottage then :)

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
steve why don't you ever compere at the komedia, even though you're always advertised on the bill?

don't get me wrong the comperes are always very good... although not nearly as good as you sir.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I might vote for him but am still really annoyed at him saying, 'Why does Worthing need 3 stations when one f***ing long train would do it'

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I think I've seen Comedy Steve on stage once or twice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here