Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hello from Leeds

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Just logging on at my hotel before dinner! :lolol:

New keeper looks good which is reassurring!

Adam Virgo and Adam Hinshelwood - Outstanding.

Keeper came out wearing the PINK goalkeeper top in the second half :jester:

Didn't see the sending off but Biscuit reckons he did kick him but their guy pushed him first.

Brilliant point! Their fans called us a 'tin-pot club' on their phone in and claimed we had 500 away fans which is what we get at home? Biccy give them a call and soon put 'em right.

Bring on Derby. :clap2:

Big round of applause as players came over at the end a big chant of WE ARE STAYING UP :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Sir Norman Gall reckoned there were 4000!
Any chance of some quick player ratings?
:wave:

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
U.S.A. - 8 - One brilliant save - Good Anticipation getting off his line.

REID - 6
VIRGO - 8
HINSHELWOOD - 8
BUTTERS - 8
MAYO - 6
CARPENTER - 7
OATWAY - 7
HARDING - 7
MCCAMMON - 6
KNIGHT - 6

HART - 8
NICOLAS - 6

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Interesting, the Leeds radio reckoned that Knight looked really dangerous. They did say that David Yelldell's save was world-class as well though:clap2:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
samparish said:
Interesting, the Leeds radio reckoned that Knight looked really dangerous. They did say that David Yelldell's save was world-class as well though:clap2:

They also said that Reid was very good.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I wouldn't trust my ratings :dunce: :jester:

Get so involved in the atmosphere and willing the team on I don't really stop and think about each players merits. Thats my rough perception though.

Knight had a shot inches wide and Nathan Jones cross for Butters was gorgeous! He was bending them in like that in the warm up. :clap2:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Defence were very solid throughout, although a bit dozy with the goal, Carlisle had three attempts and we should have cleared rather than let it bobble around.

Keeper looked very solid, a slimmer version of FDM. Charlie was stupid being sent off, as Gregan was just being a fat niggly bastard all game.

Great equaliser at our end, with Butterball rising above the rest and pinging it in.

Even McCammon had best game for the club, winning a lot in the first half, although there was one Frank Spencer moment in the second half when he tried to cross a waist high ball and put it straight behind the goal and ended up on his arse.

Ratings

Yellwell 7
Ginger Prince 7
Hinshelwood 8
Butters 7
Virgo 8
Reid 7
Chippy 6
Charlie 4 (not just for the sending off, the game passed him by an awful lot, although he made one astounding tackle in the second half)
Harding 6
Knight 6
McCammon 6

Subs

OGH 7
Jones 6
Nicholas 6

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't think I heard Chippy's nameonce on the radio =/

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Leeds bossed central midfield for most of the game. Chippy managed to get a foot in to break it up now and then, but Charlie was anonymous for the first hour. Harding had one or two good runs down the left, but did not seem too confident in the final third of the pitch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here