Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hello from a Sunderland fan

JulioArca

Oct 29, 2004
Bluejuice said:
Ooooh, this thread makes me feel all warm!

--Note to tabloid press--

Football fans are a well meaning friendly bunch of chaps who can happily get along.

As for the game it's going to be another big day out for our boys and fans alike. To be honest a draw would be a very good result but if we lose then I won't be as upset as I would be had we lost against Leeds or Cardiff. Of course a win would be lovely but a good day out is what we're looking for. Possibly the biggest crowd we'll play in front of since Cardiff?

I can feel the love :lolol: there should be an average crowd there tomorrow i reckon between 25,000 - 28,000

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
On the Wednesday night of the week we played Hereford, the day before the General Election (?) I went to Wembley to see England v. Croatia I think. There seemed to be loads of Brighton fans there, in their club shirts rather than their England shirts, I was one of them.

Loads of people kept coming up to me to wish us luck at Hereford, but by far the greatest number were Sunderland fans for some reason. Ever since then I've had a lot of time for them.

This was one of the first games I looked for when the fixtures came out, I can't bloody wait.

Come on!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lush said:
Hi JA

:wave:

Not playing Haddaway and Shite up front then?

I think one of them used to play for us!

Not heard of haddaway though! :lolol:

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
JulioArca said:
Just thought i would come on board to say hello before the game on Saturday and get your thoughs on how you think your team will fair, i have to say Iam pretty confident of a result, although we are missing a few key players (Poom,McCartney,Piper and Kyle) we are on a very good run of form at the minute and are looking good for a top two finish, not many teams come up here and beat us infact i cannot remember the last side that has so you will have to play very well, whats your team news ??? our side should be as follows:

Mhyre

Wright Caldwell Breen Arca

Whitehead Robinson Whitley Carter

Stewart Elliot

Have a safe trip an enjoy your visit to the SOL :D

What a lovely polite young man. This heart warming post will make the inevitable defeat tomorrow just a tiny bit easier to bear.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
JulioArca/SAFC,
Can I just say that Ready To Go is my favourite other team site. I've been lurking on there since the dark days of Palace beating Sunderland in the playoff semis. And a Sunderland supporting colleague of mine is on there quite a lot.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It all depends what Albion team turns up on the day. We have lots of injuries and vital suspensions. A bit of a mix-match with missing ingredients.

I don't know much about the Sunderland team, but I think the way you will lose the game is through complacency.

Despite being overrun in midfield often this season, we have still got some good results despite of this.

If at the end of the day, you think "we should have won this one" you be just like a half a dozen other teams.

Th best teams we have played this season have been QPR and Wigan ?

Many supporters say that the "Stadium of Light" is the best stadium of them all. But do not park in the dedicated car parks.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Forecast when I see what Albion team is out.

I am baffled by the Albion team tactics. I think we get overrun in midfield in the first half, again.

I expect Sunderland will coast to a 2-0 lead in the first half. Then in the second half Albion will pull one back and Sunderland might get a fright (at least for 20 minutes).

Forecast Sunderland 3 Albion 1

Anything better and Albion would have done well.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Julio, how (honestly) are Sunderland playing this season?

I always think of them as fairly turgid, dare I say it, dull to watch and not scoring many goals. In other words, playing typical depressing Mick McCarthy football. But from your position in the table you must be doing something right.

I admit I haven't seen you play much, only against Rotherham on TV, and Rotherham are "to be fair, the sort of team we should be beating" ((c) 2004 EveryManagerWe'vePlayedAgainst) so that probably shouldn't count.

So how are you doing, from a fan's point of view rather than the Championship table? This isn't meant as an insult by the way, just a genuine question. Do SAFC fans rate McCarthy?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Radio report: Jarrett now on and reversion to a square back four. This makes more sense. This is something like the team I would have expected from the start.

Can't argue with the score 0-0 so far after an hour.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
0-1 disastrous substitution

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Gary Hart for Dean Hammond. Now we have the team we should have had at the start!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here