Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heavy snow forcast midweek in the midlands

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
4 inches forecast for wednesday and possibly more at the end of the week:nono:

Hopefully they have got this wrong ! If not next saturday could be interesting.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
NO! It won't be called off, i'll camp in a tent and clear teh entire CITY if needed... this game is NOT being called off!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Bloody hell. Imagine the ticket fallout if it the game gets moved to a Tuesday night. Perhaps someone should start a poll asking if would still go if it was moved to midweek.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Well for me it is near impossible to go midweek - so hope that the forecasters are wrong.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
If snow falls, I 'honestly' will go to Villa the night before and stay out all night clearing ice/snow from around the ground. Feel free to join me.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Same forecast for Brighton for Wednesday. Might as well shut the airport, the schools, the trains now, in preparation.

BBC Weather | Brighton

OK God, joke's a joke, can you stop now :annoyed:

Crikey: fog, drizzle, sun, snow and rain.

Is it just me or does anyone think the Met Office is trying to cover all the bases here? Then at least they can point to one day and say 'Well, THAT was right anyway ...'

Only thing missing is high winds. Not that I'm asking, like.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
If snow falls, I 'honestly' will go to Villa the night before and stay out all night clearing ice/snow from around the ground. Feel free to join me.

Jesus mate, it's just a game of football, get a grip.

The game the following week is much more important.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It won't snow. FACT.

IF (and I do mean if) you are going to believe the forecast (for Birmingham), you will also notice that the temperature is going to be 4˚C on Thursday and 9˚C on Friday, followed by a mild night (6˚C) on Friday night.

So any snow should be short lived and there should not be any ice/frost/frozen pitch to worry about on Saturday.

Also with Villa being a Prem Ground it must surely also have under pitch heating and covers etc.

So we should all get on with worrying about:

What shirt/shoes/trousers to wear?
Which services to stop at on route?
How we can blow up our 1.25 balloons without letting the air out of the 0.25?

AND

Which seat we will be STANDING in front of during the match as we ALL sing and support the team? :thumbsup:

:clap2: :ascarf:

IF (and I do mean if) you are going to believe the forecast (for Birmingham), you will also notice that the temperature is going to be 4˚C on Thursday and 9˚C on Friday, followed by a mild night (6˚C) on Friday night.

So any snow should be short lived and there should not be any ice/frost/frozen pitch to worry about on Saturday.

Also with Villa being a Prem Ground it must surely also have under pitch heating and covers etc.

So we should all get on with worrying about:

What shirt/shoes/trousers to wear?
Which services to stop at on route?
How we can blow up our 1.25 balloons without letting the air out of the 0.25?

AND

Which seat we will be STANDING in front of during the match as we ALL sing and support the team? :thumbsup:

:clap2: :ascarf:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Mr Washboard speaketh the truth. A bit of snow should be gone by the weekend and Villa's undersoil heating should seal the deal. GAME ON.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Hope it get's called off, i much prefer night games:drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here