Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Heavy rain and 40mph winds forecast for game tomorrow

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Could someone explain this joke please?

Sadly, failed politician Timothy Someone is beyond explanation.

Edit - ooooooh, autocorrect for Knob jockey's surname.

Edit 2 - autocorrect for the short form version of Timothy. This is fun.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I seem to remember before lockdown that we had about 6 home games in a row where the weather was biblical, Norwich springs to mind as particularly bad, I believe Noah was seen on the A27.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Indeed, looks like the gentle southerly breeze will result in the Norff getting a tad damp. Good job it's not higher, might get blown away.

Better to have the wind first/second half? Would go against tradition to punt north in the first 45.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
A once infamous poster (dickhead) on here claimed a game was going to be called off due to fog.

This claim meant lots of people did not travel to the game

Grrrrr I remember that , a picture was posted of bad fog turned out to be a old photo , I think we were at Warwick services and decided to head back to Wales, admittedly we only travelled back to Telford before we realised it was fake but just decided to call it a day and went home, perhaps it was meant as a joke I don't know but it certainly wasn't that funny on the butt end of the joke.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Someone email Barber and ask why the roof is 20 metres too short, and post his reply.
Never understand why people buy season tickets in the East lower, knowing they will get drenched or blinded by the sun.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Someone email Barber and ask why the roof is 20 metres too short, and post his reply.
Never understand why people buy season tickets in the East lower, knowing they will get drenched or blinded by the sun.

Going to even more empty seats than there normal in the East lower today. Lots in the EL especially who seem to have money to burn buying season tickets and not turning up

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
As it's on TV how bad do the conditions have to get before match is called off? Safety of supporters considered too?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Waterlogged pitch? Dangerous journey etc

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

You are joking, aren't you?

You do realise a modern ground with top facilities will have a pitch that has the best base and also possibly a couple of drains incorporated. If we're lucky they may even have a suction pump on said drains that will suck the water away, a common feature of modern Premier League stadia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btOsTyw7Zns

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Pretty sure when matches are called off normally at the higher end of the pyramid it's because it'd be dangerous to get there (usually heavy snow / ice). Only likely ground weather to impact is fog (e.g. Cardiff a few years ago).

There is absolutely no chance this game gets called off because of weather IMHO, none at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here