Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heavy Defeats

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What about one of McGhee's last games as manager cant remember who it was against, sure somebody will remind me, but we lost 4 - 0 at Withdean and played awful with no effort or passion.

I don't mean to be rude, but do you ever actually read the posts on a thread, or are the thoughts of the rest of us just not worth the effort?

Or do you just have me on ignore? :D

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did explain on another thread broadband has been down for 20+ hours and skipped thro the threads and just posted my views as some people may have been in the same boat in this area. Sorry if it upset you but you can be assurred you are not on my ignore list as I find most of your post quite entertaining.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Was at both the Bristol Rovers and Walton debacles and don't know which was worst. I also witnessed us winning 10-1 and 9-1 in consecutive home games, so it kind of makes up for it!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oldham 6-1 for me. Bastard cold, that day.

Great free kick from Wilkins though.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
the worst away defeat for me was 5-0 at Grimsby in 83/84 - I think it was Melia's last game as manager.

My school provided the ball boys for that game so we all got free tickets. sadly they wouldn't allow me to use mine in the away end so I was sat with all my schoolmates taking the p**s!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
was at the warbouys & bannister show,that 4-0 at gillingham by darlo was made worse by the fact that gabbiodini was clearly around a couple of stone overweight for a pro footballer,but still bagged a hat-trick

the most humiliating has to be the walton & hersham 4-0

In all fairness Marco Gabiadini (sp?) was on fire that season. Whilst his commitment to the sport was questionable his talent was not. A drop down the leagues suited him.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
What about one of McGhee's last games as manager cant remember who it was against, sure somebody will remind me, but we lost 4 - 0 at Withdean and played awful with no effort or passion.

I don't mean to be rude, but do you ever actually read the posts on a thread, or are the thoughts of the rest of us just not worth the effort?

Or do you just have me on ignore? :D

I had actually assumed he meant the Blackpool game (which if I recall correctly was on TV) rather than the Stoke thrashing!

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Was at both the Bristol Rovers and Walton debacles and don't know which was worst. I also witnessed us winning 10-1 and 9-1 in consecutive home games, so it kind of makes up for it!

Sorry to be pedantic but it wasn't consecutive home games. I've seen that stated on here several times before. We lost 0-2 to QPR in between (I was at all 3)

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
5-1 at The Dell has to be the low point. Whole of our end smelt of piss and my brother got hit on the head with a hard boiled egg! That was 80s football for you!

4-0 @ Brentford under Brooker was a pretty low evening too. I think that was a season after we lost there 4-0!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The 6-1 at Oldham. Went with my brother in law who is an Oldham fan....we were lucky it was only 6 that day. As stated above, got into the play offs that season so hopefully a good omen.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think both Edna, and BG are referring to the CREWE game...

Personally, I'm referring to the Stoke game, as I have a feeling I missed the Blackpool one due to being a lazy uncommitted glory-seeking JCL....er...I mean because I was working.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Losing 6-1 in Lancs but scoring a great free kick?! Well that's never likely to happen again... :jester:

oldham - greater manchester
liverpool - merseyside

Neither have been in Lancashire for donkeys years.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
remember a 5-0 away at luton early eighties i think paul walsh hat trick was not a good
5-1 against notts county at home in johnstones paint was probbally the worst or what ever they called it then

but sundays 6-1 against liverpool was weird because came away still very proud to be a brighton fan anyone could see it was not a 6-1 game even dalglish admited as much was still in the game for 60 mins re watched it on espn yesterday just to confirm to myself

ignore the last 20 mins up till then we played ok

keep the faith

I remember the 1-5 against County...horrible night...if i remember rightly it was a big crowd cos you had to attend to get tickets for Arsenal in the FA Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here