Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heath Ledger, Brokeback Mountain Star, Dead

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Gutted, was looking forward to his role as the Joker in the upcoming Batman movie. Hopefully the movie will still be released as homage to his career.
Of course it will still be released, it's a multi million dollar film, one of the biggest film franchises etc.

A few things that some mourners are saying;

Melissa
This on the heels of Brad Renfro's drug related death.

Something needs to be done to help these celebrities cope with fame.

Very unfortunate and a talent lost.

( "help celebrities cope with Fame"?? omg, I wanna donate to THAT charity :nono: )

Jason
Heath was a great actor, his work will be sadly missed. This is a complete shock! R.I.P Heath... I hope you're happier now

(um... yes, he probably is in fits, up there in 'Heavenly Hollywood')

Marsha
My thoughts and love are with his daughter, I don't think I'll be able to watch the new Batman now without shedding tears.

(er.....he's NOT IN 'The New Batman')

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Do you know something about the Marilyn Monroe death that has eluded everyone for decades? As I understood it, there's no conclusive evidence to prove suicide, and rumours still abound that it might've been a 'hit'

I watched a "life and times" of her, and one of her agents who was with her just before she died reckoned it was a cry for help suicide - and that she'd done it before, but not died from it.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Found this on the trivia section on IMDB.

"The Joker's character is based on his first two appearances in the comic books, as well as his portrayal in the graphic novel "The Killing Joke." To prepare for the role, Heath Ledger lived alone in a hotel room for a month researching the character and developing his performance, which he claims is based upon Sid Vicious and the character of Alex in A Clockwork Orange (1971). Ledger found the role extremely difficult, and suffered insomnia as a result."

If the reports are true about sleeping pills.....

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
This article from The New York Times published just two months ago shed a new light on the untimely death of Heath Ledger:

“I stressed out a little too much,” Mr. Ledger said.

He tends to do that. He is here in London filming the latest episode of the “Batman”franchise, “The Dark Knight.” (Mr. Bale, as it happens, plays Batman; Mr. Ledger plays the Joker.) It is a physically and mentally draining role — his Joker is a “psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy” he said cheerfully — and, as often happens when he throws himself into a part, he is not sleeping much.

“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” he said. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” One night he took an Ambien, which failed to work. He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ambien is a very strong sleeping tablet

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Shit.

I hope this doesn't effect the release of the new Batman film.

All the filming appears to be complete, so hopefully it won't mess the film up to much.

Jul 20, 2003
almost exactly 14 and a bit years since River Phoenix partied a bit to hard

uncanny

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
1 year out from joining the famous "27 Club".

Can't say I ever liked him, the whole left wing celebrity protestor twat thing put me off him.

Steve Irwin was a bigger loss to the nation.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He was scheduled to be in the next sequel. I don't think he'll be found irreplaceable, and he certainly won't be in it.

He is in the next Batman film. The Dark Knight. Filming has finished, trailers are online. Have you been living under a rock?

We don't know the full facts yet so let's not speculate.

Why? Do you think his parents read this site? Do you think we will get quoted on the News at 10? Of course people will speculate, there isn't a person on here that read that story and didn't immediately assume it's a drug overdose. And if it turns out to be a heart defect or something, so what? Some very precious people on this board.
I SPECULATE that he was found dressed in a gorilla outfit with his cock hanging out the back end of a male pantomime horse. Apparently he choked to death on the mane. (Oh no he didn't).

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
2 Valium and a barley wine was enough to relax you according to the late great John Peel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here