Health and safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As I said that maybe the pendulum has swung too far and that companies are now so fearful of being sued that they'll do everything to make sure they are negligent. I can see though that this might well drop away, especially if judges throw out some of the compo claims, and that things might get more sensible.

I know it was a typo but oh so ironic !

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
we cant put up decs here as it interfere's with the "motion sensors" or some such claptrap

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Building site foremen being told to make sure that all the brickies, hod-carriers, chippies, etc. had applied sun block when working outside in the summer, or make them put their shirts back on.

Imagine trying to police / enforce that !

:clap2:
We got a whole consignment of sun cream (plus detailed application instructions for the hard of understanding) delivered to our fire station at the beginning of the summer. Our Watch Manager is responsible for making sure crews apply adequate sun cream at prolonged incidents in sunny weather! What a f***ing joke. I gave my allocation to a colleague who was off to Turkey for a fortnight.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We got a whole consignment of sun cream (plus detailed application instructions for the hard of understanding) delivered to our fire station at the beginning of the summer. Our Watch Manager is responsible for making sure crews apply adequate sun cream at prolonged incidents in sunny weather! What a f***ing joke. I gave my allocation to a colleague who was off to Turkey for a fortnight.

Do you have your pool tournaments outside in the summer then?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
We are ruled by beurocrats and autocrats who pass laws that are implemented by idiots. What do you expect?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
As we have been putting up Christmas decorations in our office the last couple of days, the usual 'health and safety' email has been sent out warning us about the fire hazards and dangers of blocking exits. What happened before the country went health and safety mad? Did every office used to catch fire because people weren't properly briefed about the dangers of jamming tinsel into a plug socket or coating the tree in parafin?

It makes me feel like a 5 year old child being told not to play with matches, I'm pretty sure everyone in my office has this thing called common sense.
Does this wind anyone else up? Or is it just me?!

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:
I'm pretty sure nobody in my office has that thing called common sense.
People do really stupid things - like storing 2000 reams of paper in a fire escape for example. Overloading plugs with fairy lights that leave trailing wires all over the place that somebody (me) trips over while carrying a cup of very hot coffee which hurts when you spill it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It is because employees who work alot outside are beginning to sue their employers for exposing them to the risk of skin cancer - and winning the cases (honest). By giving out sun cream the employer can argue that they were aware of the risk, did something about it, and if the employee then gets skin cancer the employer can counter-claim that it was not therefore their liability and they can sucessfully defend the case. If the employer took reasonable precautions which the employee failed to adhere to, as a result the employee is at least partly, and potentially completely, responsible for their condition.

peacigray

Banned
Feb 23, 2012
According to me health is our real wealth. We should take care of our health. There are many healthy tips like do yoga and exercise regular, eat fresh fruit and green vegetables, drink more water, avoid stress, connect with our relatives and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here