Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heads up - Sarah Millican at Komedia Sep 1 & 2

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Sweet jesus how anyone can find that fat ugly geordie bint funny is a mystery to me. Id rather listen to someone run their nails down a blackboard than an hour of her contrived unfunny rubbish.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Just to confirm - she'll be at Komedia doing her standup. Not sitting on a sofa with P Diddy.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Always liked her stints on the tv panel shows etc so the wife and I booked tickets to see her at the Dome last year. Very disappointing - not very funny, lots of unnecessary swearing just to prove she is ruder than she has to be on the telly. Got to the interval, went to the Waggon & Horses for a pint, didn't bother going back for the second half of the show.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I suspect this thread isn't going the way the ironically named 'Comedy' Steve expected. Also, isn't that Pride weekend so everywhere but St James's Street will be dead as a biscuit anyway.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Why 'ironically' named. Stephen Grant is an excellent stand-up and surely one of the best comperes anywhere. It says something for NSC that the poor sod comes on here trying to be helpful to fellow Albion fans and ends up with a thread slating the act and now having a go at him. I'd like to see you have a go at him in person if you think he's not funny - it'd become a real laugh for the rest of us.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Why 'ironically' named. Stephen Grant is an excellent stand-up and surely one of the best comperes anywhere. It says something for NSC that the poor sod comes on here trying to be helpful to fellow Albion fans and ends up with a thread slating the act and now having a go at him. I'd like to see you have a go at him in person if you think he's not funny - it'd become a real laugh for the rest of us.

agree, he was trying to give some of his fellow fans advanced warning a well known act would be at Komedia for a bargain price before it sold out. It's irrelevant that no-one here seems to find her funny, but people do, as it sold out very quickly. I thank him for that, and for helping to keep Komedia going, and the drunks quiet.

Sadly I am of the opinion there are no funny female comedian's, but I would generally be interested to see any clips of any to see if that opinion could change.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I suspect this thread isn't going the way the ironically named 'Comedy' Steve expected.

I think you'll find after having been a member here for the best part of a decade it's going exactly how I expected.

Thanks for your mealy insult also, fatty*.

* also using your username adjective. Not ironically, ironically.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Great to see Komedia bagging one of the hottest properties in comedy at the moment.

Personally, I don't think she would be half as popular if it wasn't for her distinctive accent and slightly whiny voice. I find her material very repetetive, much like I do someone like Micky Flangan's.

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Just to let you know Sarah Millican will be doing a guest appearance at Komedia on Sep 1st and 2nd. Just a quick heads up before it goes mental people buying tickets.

Stephen

Cheers Stephen (or should that be Steve-o!)

Just had a great night with four great comedians (and yourself of course) for a bargain price.

Please ignore all the negative idiots on here and keep us informed of future big names appearing.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I went last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Komedia is an excellent venue. Also the food was good and arrived within 10 minutes of ordering it!

Stephen Grant the compere was excellent, I didn't realise he was an Albion fan! He threw in a few away game related jokes which was a nice touch. He reminds me a little of Al Murray too...

Marlon Davis was the first act and was actually my favourite of the evening, it's refreshing to hear a black comedian joke about something other than their ethnicity.

Gary Delaney was up next and was a classic one-liner comedian. I appreciate the difficulty of it, having to remember hundreds of unrelated jokes, but wasn't quite as funny as the others. My mum said he 'crossed the line' a few times, but I don't think it was too bad. A little risque perhaps.

Sarah Millican was on last and she was brilliant. She's the only female stand-up I find funny and was much better than in that video earlier in the thread. I guess she was trialling stuff for her upcoming tour and it went down very well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As above, change her accent and she has no career.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Cheers Stephen (or should that be Steve-o!)

Just had a great night with four great comedians (and yourself of course) for a bargain price.

Please ignore all the negative idiots on here and keep us informed of future big names appearing.

Will do. Great weekend and there were more than a few NSC'ers who came up to me to say hello, so clearly despite the whingeathon this thread generated, some of you wanted tickets. :)

I went last night, and the gig was great!

Stephen Grant - the compare - man that guy was funny, really good with the one liners and ad libbing.

Marlon Davis - was hillarious, his jokes about face ism, Brilliant.

Laura Lexx - Did a small set as she is an up and coming artist, again very funny, calling herself a country dwarf!

Paul Ricketts - Another good act, some great jokes!

Then Sarah Millican, she was amazing, so funny, and probably the only geordie I can actually understand!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here