Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heads up - new PARTRIDGE tomorrow...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I hope I'm wrong but I've got a horrible feeling the best line of the series is going to be the stick one from the advert they are showing in pretty much every ad break on any sky channel.

His last live tour was dreadful, the trip was very hit and miss and the last Partridge stuff he did on youtube was pretty ordinary.

The recent Partridge book though is OUTSTANDING as is the audio reading. It is 6 hours long and as good as anything Partridge related.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Back of the net :clap2:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What the f*** is tis doing on Sky Atlantic?

Apart from being stingy in keeping Alan away from his core BBC audience I don't get what this is doing on a channel devoted to American imports

Once you are aware that Sky Atlantic is not carried by Virgin Media it won't come as much of a surprise that the big American series and shows are first run on Sky Atlantic. More Sky produced series are getting their debut on Sky Atlantic rather than Sky One.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
At the risk of committing some form of NSC blasphemy, am I the only one who finds Alan Partridge a wee bit past his sell-by date at this stage?

You're wrong.

Mid Morning Matters was brilliant. I was worried it might be a bit rubbish but it really was Partridge at his best.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was a huge Partridge fan, so I'll watch it.

However, I must admit that I've gone right off Coogan as a bloke with the whole press thing, he's come over as a bleating, bitter, self-serving multi-millionaire who wants everyone eating out of his hand when he's got something to promote, but wants all his drug-taking/shagging around ignored and to be presented by his PR people as some sort of paragon of virtue.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was a huge Partridge fan, so I'll watch it.

However, I must admit that I've gone right off Coogan as a bloke with the whole press thing, he's come over as a bleating, bitter, self-serving multi-millionaire who wants everyone eating out of his hand when he's got something to promote, but wants all his drug-taking/shagging around ignored and to be presented by his PR people as some sort of paragon of virtue.
When you say "the whole press thing", do you mean "phone hacking"? It seems to me he is bitter about the way some of this evidence is collected. From phone hacking to rummaging through people's bins, it all seems very tawdry to some us "non-journalists".

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Just finished the Audio Book 'I Partridge' -listened to it every during the 90 minute commute in and back from work. It is absolutely fantastic. Any concerns I had that Coogan had failed to find new material but with the Classic Partridge feel were anulled.

Ace House. I mean, really - it's just the best name every for someone's home. I did like the idea of Apache House, Big House, but Ace House - fantastic.

I urge anyone who has a commute to spend £15 on Amazon and get the audio book.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
YES it's an extender!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here