Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

He might have been the World's Greatest Player but .....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I reckon Maradona was the greatest,that 86 world cup argentina wern't all that at all and he pretty much single handidly(excuse the pun) won them it
In that pic he actually looks in quite good nick compared to how he looked pre stomach staple. Cheating bas*ard

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Pele has three world cup winners medals.

In Sweden in 1958 he won the Brazil team the world cup as a 17 or 18 year old. Because there is not much TV footage of the tournament people tend to forget that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Pele has three world cup winners medals.

In Sweden in 1958 he won the Brazil team the world cup as a 17 or 18 year old. Because there is not much TV footage of the tournament people tend to forget that.

indeed he does and he was amazing, i think he was surrounded by many world class players however.
Maradona also won Naopoli the scudetto i think for the only time in there history

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dougal said:
I reckon Maradona was the greatest,that 86 world cup argentina wern't all that at all and he pretty much single handidly(excuse the pun) won them it
In that pic he actually looks in quite good nick compared to how he looked pre stomach staple. Cheating bas*ard

i'VE GOT A BRILLIANT PIC OF THE LITTLE FAT SHIT, BUT i'M GOING HOME NOW. i'LL POST IT TOMORROW.

jUST REALISED CAPS LOCK IS ON. NEVER MIND!!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Am I the only one who thought this thread was going to be about Kurt Nogan's downward career spiral?
:jester:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
How can he stand by the 'hand of god' goal, that is giving a poor influence on sportsmanship from one of the greatest ever players. He could at least admit it was wrong

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
We still own the Falklands.

He's just a fat, old footballer.

Slowhand said:
I would have done it, and I suspect most people in his position would have done it too.

No, people only started saying this sort of thing AFTER he smeared his sport by blatantly getting away with cheating.

He can be credited with groundbreaking in the name of cheating, laying the foundation for future ruining of the sport. You want to see football reduced to such nonsense? Not me mate.

Paulo de Canio I will never forget, for showing great sportsmanship. He was a far better example to young footballers and fans of the game.

NMH said:
No, people only started saying this sort of thing AFTER he smeared his sport by blatantly getting away with cheating.

He can be credited with groundbreaking in the name of cheating, laying the foundation for future ruining of the sport. You want to see football reduced to such nonsense? Not me mate.

Paulo de Canio I will never forget, for showing great sportsmanship. He was a far better example to young footballers and fans of the game.

ahh yesss

pushing a refereee over

great sportsmanship that

Dandyman

In London village.
NMH said:

Agree with you regarding Dirty Diego, but Di Canio is a fascist loving twat in my book.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
NMH said:
NPaulo de Canio I will never forget, for showing great sportsmanship. He was a far better example to young footballers and fans of the game.
salutorom.jpg

What a marvellous example to young footballers and fans.

I was referring to his refusing to score an open goal over an injured goallie, which was as much a landmark moment as moraldonut's except for a different reason.

I remember the shoved ref, which was quite lame as the ref made a Klinssman sized meal of it, otherwise it would've been pretty innoccuous.

As for the salute, I have no idea about that. What's the story behind that ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Second greatest player.

Pele was number 1

Third behind Pele and Cruyff.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Storer68 said:
ahh yesss

pushing a refereee over

great sportsmanship that

The ref deserved a yellow card for diving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here