Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HD DVD's set to become redundant?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looks like Blue Ray has won the format war. Looks like HD-DVD will go the same way as Laser Disc players. Although first generation Blu Ray machine owners might not be happy when they find out that they will have to buy another with upgraded features to keep up to date.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Will our review of the season 07/08 now be on BR? I'm sure it would be popular given that most fans don't go and watch the games any more...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Will our review of the season 07/08 now be on BR? I'm sure it would be popular given that most fans don't go and watch the games any more...

I doubt much of the source footage is anything other than standard definition, so it'd be a complete waste to do it on bluray. There'd be HD footage of some of the games, but not all of them, and anything else filmed off-pitch would almost certainly not be full HD quality.

Anyway, if you want to know the real "betamax" in this format war, it was obviously the high definition VHS variant... D-VHS, first to market in 1998, about 40 movies ever sold on the format, effectively dead now.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I doubt much of the source footage is anything other than standard definition, so it'd be a complete waste to do it on bluray. There'd be HD footage of some of the games, but not all of them, and anything else filmed off-pitch would almost certainly not be full HD quality.

Sorry, I was actually taking the piss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here