Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haywards Heath Fatality

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Nightmare trip home from Orient tonight, apparently someone wandered off the platform at HH and got zapped by the power supply...

meant most of us coming home were taken off our train at Gatwick, only to be sent back in a route via Three Bridges, Horsham, Littlehampton, Worthing, Hove, Preston Park, Brighton...

not fun

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
just got in (01:35) after being ready cooked on a boiling hot double decker from Three bridges..feel like i've just got back from Carlisle...god, i'm gettin old...PS i'm still alive though

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
just got in (01:35) after being ready cooked on a boiling hot double decker from Three bridges..feel like i've just got back from Carlisle...god, i'm gettin old...PS i'm still alive though

Still ,mate, after all that travelling, once you are home at least you can say..' i was there' and nobody can take that away from you !

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yep. Not the happiest of bunnies when I got back to Brighton in the early hours of this morning. Then 4 hours sleep and up and back up to London. I'm shattered.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yep. Not the happiest of bunnies when I got back to Brighton in the early hours of this morning. Then 4 hours sleep and up and back up to London. I'm shattered.

You COULD have stayed with me. I had the house to MYSELF. Ok PD's hair straighteners have gone but I had everything else. :kiss:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Chaos at Three Bridges.Had to wait for the 'every station' buses to arrive with it pissing down and some very smelly people(including me) in the sauna of a bus.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is Chappers you get USED to the SELFISH fatalities, if you get the train regularly. Happens quite often, especially in Winter. For some reason its usually around the Norwood Junction area *insert Palace joke here*

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
A bloke I know was going the other way. Got on the 9.49 from Brighton, stuck on train without even emergency lights for the next few hours and got to his London home at 4am. :clap2:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Got down to 3 Bridges a bit earlier then fast coach to Brighton and taxi to Lewes (can claim back cost) so tucked up by 1230. Could have been worse but not the best night of my life. Staff were pretty good to be fair.
PG

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Was a bit of a nightmare, ended up getting picked up from gatwick as really didnt fancy the train to littlehampton then back to brighton. Got in at about 12.00pm! all to lose in the last minute of the jpt:yahoo:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Another selfish f*** wit i presume

Whilst getting caught up in this sort of thing was an inconvenience just spare a thought for the family and friends of the person that was killed.They'll have to deal with this tragedy tortured by the fact that it could have been prevented and their lives will never be the same again.We'll find out what really happened soon enough.

The fact is someone lost their life last night-accident or not.Everybody got home safely eventually.

Dougal,if someone close to you has ever had depression you might have a bit more empathy.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Whilst getting caught up in this sort of thing was an inconvenience just spare a thought for the family and friends of the person that was killed.They'll have to deal with this tragedy tortured by the fact that it could have been prevented and their lives will never be the same again.We'll find out what really happened soon enough.

The fact is someone lost their life last night-accident or not.Everybody got home safely eventually.

Dougal,if someone close to you has ever had depression you might have a bit more empathy.

to be honest Durlston your so right,Although having seen some Dougals previous posts before i dont think he gives a shit unfortunately. :shrug:

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008

Somewhat contadicts itself that one. however you make a very valid point.

I feel bad for the train driver aswell. cant be easy for him/her either.

This seems to be becoming more common as of late, the same thing happened in durrington at the weekend, and a few weeks ago at southwick.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
heard today that it was someone who had wandered off the end of the platform, got zapped by the power barrier...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here