Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haye vs Ruiz Tonight

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Harrison vs Haye would be interesting if only for the hype and the build up.

Unless 'Ordinary' Harrison has been having fights no-one knows about, how is that fight ever likely to happen?.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Harrison is not going to happen. No mileage and no money in it - absolutely no point in going in to the ring with someone who is nowhere near the same class and risking injury or a lucky punch (not that Harrison is likely to get a punch in!). Will be a H v K fight, not sure which one, but I am not sure where. Haye would like UK, the K's would like Germany, but the promoters could smell the money in the US on a major card.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Unless 'Ordinary' Harrison has been having fights no-one knows about, how is that fight ever likely to happen?.

Audrey is fighting for the European title on Friday night, so it's not entirely inconceivable that a win there might earn him a 'world' title shot of some kind.

Ridiculous, I agree, but that's boxing politics for you.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Audrey is fighting for the European title on Friday night, so it's not entirely inconceivable that a win there might earn him a 'world' title shot of some kind.

Ridiculous, I agree, but that's boxing politics for you.

Beat Sprott on Friday in which A Force is the odds on favourite, call out Haye afterwards and bingo a nice open air fight in the Summer and a few million quid in their pockets.
I might be crazy but I think A Force would have a chance of beating Haye, much better technical fighter and a great physical advantage too.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Beat Sprott on Friday in which A Force is the odds on favourite, call out Haye afterwards and bingo a nice open air fight in the Summer and a few million quid in their pockets.
I might be crazy but I think A Force would have a chance of beating Haye, much better technical fighter and a great physical advantage too.

Haye would flatten him.

If Michael Sprott can knock him out (as he did last time), then David Haye sure as heck could.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I can still picture Haye lying on the floor against Thompson

Fair point, but Haye has improved beyond recognition since that fight, whereas Harrison since he lost to Sprott has....erm....err....nope, no idea what he's really done other than Prizefighter.

It's a shame really, because I agree that Audrey has talent, but he also has an ego and a primadonna attitude which has him thinking he should be far more the centre of attention than his achievements have merited.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Fair point, but Haye has improved beyond recognition since that fight, whereas Harrison since he lost to Sprott has....erm....err....nope, no idea what he's really done other than Prizefighter.

It's a shame really, because I agree that Audrey has talent, but he also has an ego and a primadonna attitude which has him thinking he should be far more the centre of attention than his achievements have merited.

Once chinny always chinny and if Haye can't beat Harrison he has no chance against the Kilitchkos, I'd love to see Haye v Harrison if only for the pre fight mouthing and build up

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Once chinny always chinny and if Haye can't beat Harrison he has no chance against the Kilitchkos, I'd love to see Haye v Harrison if only for the pre fight mouthing and build up

I'd love to see it too, to watch Audrey gat flattened.

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
hayeceleb-800_2438954.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He will be European Heavyweight Champion on Friday and thus No.1 contender

A Force :thumbsup:

That doesn`t make him No 1 contender now does it Ernest. He has a 2 fight agreement with the Krauts I think and they want the Valuev route. The British public will not buy into the Fraudley deal again. He has had his chance to shine on the box and sent us all to sleep so no PPV dosh in that one I`m afraid.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
He will be European Heavyweight Champion on Friday and thus No.1 contender

A Force :thumbsup:

Not even in the top 15 of the offical wba ratings, so as sure as eggs are eggs, that excuse of a boxer wont be getting any where near david haye if he wins on fridat!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yep - they all do my head in. Too much panto when it should just be getting on with the job. All that's missing is "he's behind you"....
I can see your point with crappy fights on the undercard but I disagree with big world title fights, they wouldn't be the same without mike buffer, he adds to the tension and atmosphere, it would be interesting to know what frutos thinks, I know he's a big boxing fan.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I can see your point with crappy fights on the undercard but I disagree with big world title fights, they wouldn't be the same without mike buffer, he adds to the tension and atmosphere, it would be interesting to know what frutos thinks, I know he's a big boxing fan.

I'm with you on this one bushy.

For me, it just wouldn't feel like a big fight without Jimmy Lennon Jr or Michael Buffer (those two are a class apart from the rest) doing their bit before the fight.

It's just part and parcel of a big fight to me.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Ern as much as fraudley has had our pants down over the years I think you are right, a win at euro level on friday and a post world cup open air event in london would give both boxers a big pay day.

My concern would be that Haye would take it to lightly and remembering both the McCall and Rahman episodes with Lewis, A force could yet end up wearing a belt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here