Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haye pissing off Klitschko.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Does anyone know what time the fight is due to start? got a quiz that evening but hoping i can nip somewhere afterwards to watch it.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Let's be honest, it's Haye who is the dickhead, what a terrible role model for our country. And Klitschko is having to have these conversations in his third language, doing pretty well I'd say. If having a personality means bragging and insulting people every time you open your mouth, we could do with less of it thanks.

Yep, if ever there was a case for "less said the better", then boxing is it.

Cassius Clay started it I think, but he was funny at least, and it suited his persona.
This curling of the lip and rolling the eyes, just to show disrespect is bogus - it just looks bloody idiotic and will look worse once he fight is over. So often, arrogance is followed by failure - it's nature's way of bringing parity back to personalities.
Based on that you can almost bank on Klitschko beating Haye if only to bring normality to the world.
Boom! Sit down and shut the fuckup bigmouth - that's on the cards as I can see it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We're f***ed if we're looking to boxers for role models for the nation. It's a sport, it's meant to entertain. Klitschko's a boring bellend

Can't you just be entertained by the fight? Why do you need weeks of bollocks to enjoy it, most other sports manage just fine without it? I hope Klitschko puts Haye in the ringside seats.

And as to your comment about role models, how quickly you forget Henry Cooper. Fought hard in the ring, a gent outside it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
David Haye had to cheap talk to even get a shot at this fight. Thats the problem with world title boxing, the Champion can often avoid the most dangerous challengers and pick the easier fights. Look how long it took Calzaghe to get decent opposition in front of him. Haye is a smart cookie, has run his mouth off to get the big fight and is going to retire no more than one fight after. If you actually see him in a normal interview he's a very intelligent likeable bloke.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Can't you just be entertained by the fight? Why do you need weeks of bollocks to enjoy it, most other sports manage just fine without it? I hope Klitschko puts Haye in the ringside seats.

And as to your comment about role models, how quickly you forget Henry Cooper. Fought hard in the ring, a gent outside it.

Because without the weeks of talk before hand most people wouldnt stump up the cash to watch the fight at all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I CONFIDENTLY predict that Haye will be SMASHED all over Germany , he has TWO hopes, BOB and none
Are you as confident as you were when you said Harrison would splatter Haye all over the canvas?

If Haye has done one decent thing, it is finishing FRAUDLEY's career as a professional hood-winker. Thank f***.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think its going to be Haye's night. Klitschko seems genuinely rattled and I think he's going to struggle to live with Hayes speed and gameplan.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
David Haye had to cheap talk to even get a shot at this fight. Thats the problem with world title boxing, the Champion can often avoid the most dangerous challengers and pick the easier fights. Look how long it took Calzaghe to get decent opposition in front of him. Haye is a smart cookie, has run his mouth off to get the big fight and is going to retire no more than one fight after. If you actually see him in a normal interview he's a very intelligent likeable bloke.
This.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
erm - when exactly?

Ive been watching lots of pre fight footage on this and I think there has been a big change in his body language in the last 3 to 4 weeks, he is far less confident and is also getting angry rather than laughing it off. In the clip at the top of this thread I think it is most evident. Compare that to how he was in the Ringside interviews on Sky there is a definite change.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010

Agree completely.
Hasn't it been overworked to have boxers look pissed off with each other, when they are supposed to hit each other in the name of sport? I mean is it actually sport or is it just neanderthal barbarism??
Time the boxing authorities took a better hold on their work and focused fans on the finer aspects of denfence and attack in unarmed two-fisted combat. Making out they are pissed off with each other is just appealing to a very much lower common person. Okay so it's not a highbrow pastime anyway, but then if it's that lowbrow then just go watch ultimate cage fighting and be done with it.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Not a huge boxing fan but I saw the SSN interview with K today and he seemed a pretty reasonable guy, not decrying Haye at all, not getting up to 150 decibels in his condemnation etc. as many boxers do, and just saying the bout will settle things.

Will be interesting !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Haye wont go anywhere near Klitschko for the majority of the fight. Klitschko will jab Haye`s head off before he unleashes one of his right crosses. Its when Haye tries to get underneath the big mans jab that he`ll get nailed. Maybe round 9.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here