Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haye pissing off Klitschko.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Like both of em. Want Haye to win though. Klitschko has got one hell of a cold stare though. Enough to give anyone (except Haye) the shivers.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Haye is doing all this to sell the fight and to get under Klitschko's skin, and for my money he's succeeding on both counts. Lest we forget the greatest heavyweight of all time was a master at these kinds of tactics, so its scarcely anything new or revolutionary.

As for the fight itself, I think Haye's best chance is to to keep the fight moving. If Klitschko settles, claims the centre of the ring and gets his jab going then Haye will be in big trouble, but if Haye can keep him off balance with quick shots and keep the fight moving then it will suit him far more than it will Klitschko. I'm going to plump for a Haye win by KO in 7 or 8 rounds, with the fight following much the same pattern as Haye/Valuev or Liston/Clay - lighter fighter moves around, peppering bigger, slower man with jabs and quick shots before either wearing him down for the stoppage or a wide points win.

Oh, and for the guy who brought up Haye's defeat to Carl Thompson, lest we forget that Wladimir has been knocked out by the might of Corrie Sanders and Ross Puritty in his career.

wakokid

Jun 10, 2011
Lancing
Haye is doing all this to sell the fight and to get under Klitschko's skin, and for my money he's succeeding on both counts. Lest we forget the greatest heavyweight of all time was a master at these kinds of tactics, so its scarcely anything new or revolutionary.

As for the fight itself, I think Haye's best chance is to to keep the fight moving. If Klitschko settles, claims the centre of the ring and gets his jab going then Haye will be in big trouble, but if Haye can keep him off balance with quick shots and keep the fight moving then it will suit him far more than it will Klitschko. I'm going to plump for a Haye win by KO in 7 or 8 rounds, with the fight following much the same pattern as Haye/Valuev or Liston/Clay - lighter fighter moves around, peppering bigger, slower man with jabs and quick shots before either wearing him down for the stoppage or a wide points win.

Oh, and for the guy who brought up Haye's defeat to Carl Thompson, lest we forget that Wladimir has been knocked out by the might of Corrie Sanders and Ross Puritty in his career.

Yeah but he's not the one giving it all the large is he.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Pfft...the Thompson argument is bullshit, Haye was 23 and inexperienced and ran out of steam trying to win the fight in the first round, he hardly got battered. As for all the haters - yeah, f*** Haye, f*** Murray, f*** anyone with a personality...

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Pfft...the Thompson argument is bullshit, Haye was 23 and inexperienced and ran out of steam trying to win the fight in the first round, he hardly got battered. As for all the haters - yeah, f*** Haye, f*** Murray, f*** anyone with a personality...

What about when he got knocked down by the Super/Middleweight Mock or the cruiserweight he won the title from then ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I dont remember Lennox Lewis ever resorting to those tactics the man he superseeded
Mohammed Ali did as Cassius Clay.

I think that Haye will win and either way it will be his last fight and he will retire. He wont want to fight Vitali who I think would beat him I think that he chose the right Klitchko to fight.

wakokid

Jun 10, 2011
Lancing

Does that mean we should love Palace then? oh... err hold on they have no personality! perhaps you're right after all...

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
didn't think Klitschko look rattled at all - in fact i thought that Haye was more rattled by the way Klitschko remained totally calm.

And i have no idea who will win.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I dont remember Lennox Lewis ever resorting to those tactics

Well, when referring to the greatest heavyweight of all time I wasn't really referring to Lennox Lewis but of course to Muhammad Ali. I don't think I've ever heard it claimed that Lennox Lewis, as undoubtedly impressive as his achievements were, is the greatest heavyweight of all time.

Ali was a level above and beyond Haye with this kind of stuff, and sometimes he really did cross a line (the Joe Frazier/Uncle Tom incident being one that leaps to mind). I'll also never forget reading about the way he punished Ernie Terrell for refusing to refer to him as Muhammad Ali but insisting on calling him Clay (this being after his conversion obviously). Ali could have destroyed Terrell in a couple of rounds had he so chosen, but instead he punished him for the entire 15 rounds, continually yelling out "what's my name?" as he battered Terrell around the ring. Compared to such things, what we've seen from Haye is nothing in psychological warfare terms.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Lewis record shows up as being the best. It is all hypothetical because it can never be proved but I think that he would have beaten Ali as he had speed power and of course size. His usual standard weight was about 17st as opposed to Ali at 15st. Mind you the likes of Marciano only come in at about 14st. The big men Ali fought were very slow which Lennox wasnt. , I went over to Las Vegas to see Lewis fight and when asked by supporters if he was considering a comeback George Foreman said , do I look stupid, he is the best ever he is so powerful and strong.' I would tend to agree with him but it all aboiut opinions and you obviously like youir boxing so I must respect your opinion.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Let's be honest, it's Haye who is the dickhead, what a terrible role model for our country. And Klitschko is having to have these conversations in his third language, doing pretty well I'd say. If having a personality means bragging and insulting people every time you open your mouth, we could do with less of it thanks.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let's be honest, it's Haye who is the dickhead, what a terrible role model for our country. And Klitschko is having to have these conversations in his third language, doing pretty well I'd say. If having a personality means bragging and insulting people every time you open your mouth, we could do with less of it thanks.
As far as I can see, this is the nature of boxing. Trash your opponent pre-fight, pay due respect afterwards. It has always been this way as it shifts tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here