Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hawks ditch Withdean plans

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I just thought I will share this with you all

Whitehawk have ditched plans to play at Withdean.

The Hawks had agreed to use Albion’s former temporary home for a season while their own Enclosed Ground was being redeveloped.

However, the proposal has been dropped after the Ryman League placed what the club felt was an unreasonable condition on using the stadium.

Instead, Whitehawk will remain at the Enclosed Ground and carry out further improvements during the coming season, where possible, with the rest taking place in the next closed season.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
I wonder what the condition they imposed was that was so unreasonable?

£10,000 bond to the league that was to be kept if any game was cancelled for any reason. So if the council turned around and cancelled a game for some unforseen reason, £10,000 would be kept by the league.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
£10,000 bond to the league that was to be kept if any game was cancelled for any reason. So if the council turned around and cancelled a game for some unforseen reason, £10,000 would be kept by the league.

How is that fair?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
So where will the friendly be?

Wherever it is, I hope they don't pull the same sharp practice as they did at Worthing last year - advertising admission as £8 (istr) and charging a tenner at the gate ('cos we haven't got any change). Humpf.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I would think that isnt unreasonable provided they obviously excluded weather problems and possibly the home games in December for P & R as they did with us. Did the council ever call off one of our games other than for either of those reasons, I dont think so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here