Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hawaiin Shirts

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I have one Hawaiian shirt and only ever wear it to Hawaiian themed parties. That's twice in the four years that I've owned it.

Cartoon ties, socks etc are the favoured foliage for those who've suffered the pain of a humour by-pass operation.
Hawian shirts are the chosen coverage of those who realise that 'cool' cannot be purchased in the false air environment of your local mall.
Like any style worth its salt it gradually gets hijacked by the sad and lonely.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm a bit of a fat bastard, and I think hawaiin shirts are WELL cool. I've got this marvellous blue and white one with all palm tree leaves all over it. Stick that on with my 3/4 length shorts, a pair of sunglasses and shove me in front of a barbecue with a pair of tongs in one hand and a bottle of SenoritaBeater in the other, and I'm in my ELEMENT.

I don't like those ones you get at markets though, with the giant car pictures on, they look tacky. It HAS to be a palm tree design, maybe with a sunset.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Easy 10 said:
I'm a bit of a fat bastard, and I think hawaiin shirts are WELL cool. I've got this marvellous blue and white one with all palm tree leaves all over it. Stick that on with my 3/4 length shorts, a pair of sunglasses and shove me in front of a barbecue with a pair of tongs in one hand and a bottle of SenoritaBeater in the other, and I'm in my ELEMENT.

I don't like those ones you get at markets though, with the giant car pictures on, they look tacky. It HAS to be a palm tree design, maybe with a sunset.

Easy how did I know that you would be a HS man...

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
is this you Perry ?

colin_640.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perry Milkins said:
Easy how did I know that you would be a HS man...
Is it really that obvious ? :blush:

I'm not into the ridiculously loud ones, but I'm a big fan of the two-tone, loose-fitting leafy ones for the summer. And I'm WAY past worrying if other people are sneering at my shirt. Once you've gone round for a couple of years in a shirt with NOBO printed across the front, I find you'll pretty much wear anything.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
no but it's fvcking funny all the same.:lolol:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
It does me, he was consistently brilliant on the Fast Show,another one of their excruciating sketches.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I have Hawaiian Shirts...in varying degrees of tastfulness.

its all irony. some all very bright,others are actually nice,but since nobody else I know really does the whole Hawaiian shirt thing, its my own little niche

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here