Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Having a UK-based IP address...but from abroad. How?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As some of you already know, I'm moving to the US in early October. As NSC knows - literally - everything, can anyone give me any advice as to how I can carry on receiving UK-based websites as if I'm here...but from there? I know it's strictly-speaking a bit naughty but I'm sure I read somewhere about "IP anywhere" or somesuch. I want to still get BBC Football League highlights, iPlayer etc etc. I can also see myself paying up for that Seagulls World thing obviously. Cheers very muchly.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You need to access a UK based VPN, I'm pretty sure there are free ones available if you do a search on Google. All you need to do is logon to the VPN and as if by magic you are in the UK!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
If you want to watch Uk tv for free just sign up for thebox. Its free and although its not streaming you can download nearly any programme (via torrent) in most cases within three hours of it being live on the telly. Ive used it now for two years and couldnt live without it.

If you want an invite pm me.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
If you want to watch Uk tv for free just sign up for thebox. Its free and although its not streaming you can download nearly any programme (via torrent) in most cases within three hours of it being live on the telly. Ive used it now for two years and couldnt live without it.

this is a godsend :thumbsup:

Plenty of information and advice here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=580677&highlight=VPN

Make sure you get Fox Soccer Channel when you get here – shows most of the live Sky games and a good choice of European Leagues.
there is also now fox soccer plus which shows even more games. also there is setanta still here and a few others like gol tv. setanta and gol tv you have to pay extra per month, i don't have it so i can't tell you much. however if you get TV with a company that supports espn 3 on the web, there are a bunch of football they show. serie a, bundesliga, dutch league, spainish league, uefa cup, champs league, some championship game and even a few times leagues one and two. usually the play offs are on there too.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I use hide ip ng you can choose between american or uk servers about $28 dollars a year.Never had any probs.But I go the other way sometimes if I want to watch cricket.It says not allowed in uk so I log in to American server.

Hide IP - Hide IP address and protect privacy - Hide-IP-Soft.com

Would this work if someone were, say, hopping across to the land of the free and wanted to log on to a betting exchange? And if so, do they charge by the week too? I've managed to get on via proxy servers in the past, but it's a right old business and most of them don't work.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here

i hate myself for saying it but...

this.

thebox is the dog's bollocks.

Only free if you keep your ratio high enough which means leaving your computer on long after you have finished downloading.

Got so much old goodness from The Box and UK Nova that I am currently shoving it all on a 1TB drive to watch at my leisure!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Wonderful advice - many thanks everyone

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Only free if you keep your ratio high enough which means leaving your computer on long after you have finished downloading.

Got so much old goodness from The Box and UK Nova that I am currently shoving it all on a 1TB drive to watch at my leisure!

This is true.... I habe about 800GBs of stuff from thebox. Must admit we recently moved to a house with very slow connection and now pay 20 euros fro 25 Gbs download. Still worth it though.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
UKnova

whats Uknova like

and any chance of an invite? ;)

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Would this work if someone were, say, hopping across to the land of the free and wanted to log on to a betting exchange? And if so, do they charge by the week too? I've managed to get on via proxy servers in the past, but it's a right old business and most of them don't work.

I Think they do a free trial.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here