Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you won any competitions lately?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Do you ever win any competitions?I've just won 2 tickets to see Lucy Kaplansky tonight at the Komedia. Get in there! She's brillo. A bit Suzanne Vega-ish and very cool.http://www.lucykaplansky.com - very recommendedI've got a mate whose wife enters hundreds of competitions a month. They've won a car, holidays, all sorts of goodies. So what have you won?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Won a trip to watch the England players train and meet and greet and get 1 item signed by them all in November

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Won a few CDs, but my bestest ever prize remains a Zoidzilla from Gamleys which was ace :thumbsup:

GODULASART.JPG

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
after i surprisingly won a weekend trip to iceland whalewatching (after doing a sponsored walk with greenpeace) i now enter most competitions i come across. normally only takes a few minutes and is free when it's onlline.

i've since won:

a weekend to the cannes film festival, staying on a yacht
a weekend trip to jack daniel's distillery in tennesse

all three holidays were experiences money can't really buy!

also won £250 currys vouchers
numerous gig tickets, cds, dvds and other vouchers.

can't knock it and makes the arrival of the morning post more interesting :thumbsup:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
glamourous grandad haven holiday park hastings!! a bottle of shyte plonk and a certificate that tells me im old. :shootself

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I haven't won anything, but I do tend to enter competitions if I think that the response rate will be low (and the entry is free).

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I won a couple of competitions on Radio 5 in it'd early days, when Mark Radcliffe used to do an evening show from Manchester. I suspect I was the only entrant

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I've won the best part of £1100 on radio shows, a Dukes of Hazzard DVD box set, £500 worth of luggage, a 1992 autographed England football... and theoretically the best part of half a million quid for the Albion.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
In about 1972 I was one of 10 winners of a competition among Sussex primary school kids to design burglar alarms and other crime prevention gadgets. It was co-sponsored by Sussex County Constabulary and the Brighton and Hove Gazette (deceased).

Our prize for our efforts: our picture in the paper, and a 50p book token each (note for youngsters: that was f*** all back then as well).

Between them Brighton's finest journalists and the boys in blue were able to stump a grand total of £5 in prize money.

Sodding cheapskates.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Never won a sodding thing.The day we played Leeds i found £40 on the floor and the good man Buzzer who i have never met untill the Leeds game gave me £20.thats £60 in one day.
I knew someone who won a car in one of those womens mags.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I won £1000 on the Seagulls "Lifeline" lottery thing they had about 12 or 13 years ago. I got a phone call telling me I'd won about three months earlier, but due to a "clerical error" they had forgotten to tell me. Obviously this had absolutely nothing to do with poor cash flow during the close season.

urbanjim

Oct 27, 2005
Dublin
a weekend trip to jack daniel's distillery in tennesse

:[/QUOTE]

Chappers, when did you win that?

I went through a comp one year, they had flaming lips playing there.
Quality weekend.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
I bet £1 and won £380 when we beat West Ham 1-0 and Tank scored.

My son just won a £120 scalextric track in the local Waterstones Top Gear competition.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
never won anything.

i did enter a wanking competition once, but i didnt come anywhere :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here