Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you subliminally trained a pet?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Taught my cat to choose his food.

I grab two sachets of different flavours, he sits down, I hold them above his head while he genuinely looks at both as if deciding, then he'll reach up and put his paw on one while looking at me. He knows he doesn't get food til he does this so is usually very keen.

Sometimes he does struggle to remember at the start exactly what we're doing, but he is MONUMENTALLY thick.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not that I know of.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Our cat comes running when you call out Yoghurt, or rattle his biscuits. He also says "hello" when you walk in the door and can recognise my Dad's car pull up outside as he runs in to the lounge and waits for him to come through the door. Oh, and he also plays tennis with his treats (pats them back at you) as well as catching them (occasionally) in his mouth. He also meows and begs for his foot before you put the dish down.

I think he's worked out that if he acts cute he gets more food.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm still not quite over how funny [MENTION=13433]Kumquat[/MENTION] was in a thread which is now no longer available to view. For posts much like this one. Very funny.

I have plans for an update. I was going to tell you a few weeks back about the weekend away with my beloved when the champions league and play off finals were on. Unfortunately I was struck down with a rather vicious illness and confined to bed the following week and it slipped off my radar.I shall share it with you in due course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here