Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have you seen Ben White play LIVE in the flesh for Albion?

Have you seen Ben White play LIVE for Albion?

• Yes, yes!

Votes: 154 63.6%
  • Nope :(

Votes: 88 36.4%

• Total voters

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I once saw Brian Wade play for us :)

and Ben vs Colchester.....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yes, I actually think I’ve seen him make every first team appearance with Brighton fans, (Colchester (H), Oxford (A), Southampton (H), Sheffield United (H) and Man City (A))

Do you mean Man City (h). He was playing when we BEAT them 3-2.:albion2:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Saw him play at Oxford. Think he also played in the Johnstone Paint Trophy ( or whatever it’s called) at Southend. Whatever - neither was memorable, though obviously I knew all the time we were sitting on a future £50m player.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Crikey was getting worried there but have found one.

Luton match away, EFL trophy 2018, ours was the u23 team, lost 2-1 but Ben was playing :)

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Yes. Colchester in the league cup at the Amex.

Sorry this doesn’t fit the agenda of Leeds fans as he clearly didn’t exist before the start of the 2019/20 season.

Yep. Not only did I witness his August 2016 debut, 3 years before Bielsa invented him, but it seems I managed to spot rather a lot of potential in him, even before the Argentine Jack Duckworth had sprinkled his magic dust over him;

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/content.php?617-Albion-4-0-Colchester-United-09-08-2016

The first half offered nothing, bar an opportunity to assess the new boys and fringe squad members - Finnish hipster Niki Maenpaa apart, as he was effectively a spectator. Rob Hunt at right back did well, and looks a tidy young player, capable of progression. Canadian left back Sam Adekugbe was fun, but far less convincing. He’s an athlete for sure – strong and quick – but football wise, a lot to learn. Ince showed willing, but will only ever be an emergency option at the back, but his 18 year old partner, Ben White, was the stand-out performer. Composed on the ball and good in the air – an assured display, garnished with a 60 yard Lawrensonesque run up the field. Very promising.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is interesting. I think this shows again that NSC is not really representative of Albion supporters as a whole. My guess is that something like 30% of fans would have seen him play live and yet, according to the poll 67% have. Of course, my guess could be widely out but given the low attendances at games this season (and that so many people went to more than one game, I don't think I'm too far out)

The Player of the Season thread showed how far out of sync NSC is with mainstream opinion and this seems to confirm it

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not seen play, but I may have seen him when the Albion U18s were invited to RAF Northolt for team building exercises.
Perhaps [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] can correct me...
I remember Aaron Connolly being there.

[tweet]752503518771159040[/tweet]

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not seen play, but I may have seen him when the Albion U18s were invited to RAF Northolt for team building exercises.
Perhaps [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] can correct me...
I remember Aaron Connolly being there.

[tweet]752503518771159040[/tweet]

You missed him by a year (he finished his second scholar year at the end of the 2015-16 season).

You would have seen four players still at the club; 2nd-year Jayson Molumby and 1st-years Alex Cochrane, Aaron Connolly and goalkeeper Tom McGill.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
You missed him by a year (he finished his second scholar year at the end of the 2015-16 season).

You would have seen four players still at the club; 2nd-year Jayson Molumby and 1st-years Alex Cochrane, Aaron Connolly and goalkeeper Tom McGill.

Marvellous stuff, thank you :thumbsup:

[MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] a neverending knowledge of all things Albion yoof.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not seen him play for the first team but many times in the U23 games , when we can all go back to watching live football again I highly recommend taking in some U23 games , no after timing here but you could see White was different class and my Mrs said Sanchez was a star of the future when he was a slip of a boy .

The much maligned Papa John's Cup as its now called are excellent games to watch the youngsters, usually the lads that stand out in those games kick on .

Looking forward to Away days at Northampton Forest Green and Walsall this coming season to check the next batch . (Nice and local)

Of all the U23s I've watched in recent times I was most impressed with Cochrane , things haven't really kicked on big time for him but I reckon he will be a fantastic player , some of his crossing is sublime .

So if your doing nowt , and it's legal get yourself to a U23 / U18s match , the quality is excellent, and the usual 81 people that go away to these games will be happy to see some more of you .

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
This is interesting. I think this shows again that NSC is not really representative of Albion supporters as a whole. My guess is that something like 30% of fans would have seen him play live and yet, according to the poll 67% have. Of course, my guess could be widely out but given the low attendances at games this season (and that so many people went to more than one game, I don't think I'm too far out)

The Player of the Season thread showed how far out of sync NSC is with mainstream opinion and this seems to confirm it

Was thinking the same thing

Very surprised when I clicked on the poll

For the record,it's a nope :down: from me

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I'm not really sure you can draw that conclusion at all.

Yes the percentage is high but the total number of "yes" votes is only 143 at the time of writing and people are far more likely to arrive on this thread and vote if they have seen him because the thread title is very clear regarding the purpose of the poll. Think of it as showing off.

143 people across two Covid crowds of 2,500 then around 8,000 at the City game plus assorted cup games when he wasn't on loan doesn't seem like a lot of people.

I would say there is a definite NSC demographic because so many users have been with the site since it started. So it was males in their 20s, 30s and 40s at the time of Turkeygate. Now it's 40s, 50s and 60s. But given the pre-Covid post contents on here most users are regulars or STHs at The Amex and many also go away. You need money for that these days so that tallies with that age and gender. However "unfair" you may find that I would say NSC is very representative of our hardcore supporter base - the sort who'd go if we ever found ourselves back in League One.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I would say there is a definite NSC demographic because so many users have been with the site since it started. So it was males in their 20s, 30s and 40s at the time of Turkeygate. Now it's 40s, 50s and 60s. But given the pre-Covid post contents on here most users are regulars or STHs at The Amex and many also go away. You need money for that these days so that tallies with that age and gender. However "unfair" you may find that I would say NSC is very representative of our hardcore supporter base - the sort who'd go if we ever found ourselves back in League One.

If their care home lets them out for the afternoon.:whistle:

Seriously though, the people posting on a football forum will always skew towards those more interested and more likely to go.

Or towards people who are cripplingly sad and lonely and just looking for a reaction.

Edit: also, as you suggested in the rest of your post, I've not seen him and only just bothered to vote, since I wasn't really interested in the poll before.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If their care home lets them out for the afternoon.:whistle:

Seriously though, the people posting on a football forum will always skew towards those more interested and more likely to go.

Or towards people who are cripplingly sad and lonely and just looking for a reaction.

Edit: also, as you suggested in the rest of your post, I've not seen him and only just bothered to vote, since I wasn't really interested in the poll before.

Nurse says if I'm allowed to go in August I shouldn't dribble on people but at least it'll cure the crippling sadness :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here