Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever seen Albion play better football?

Have you ever seen Brighton play better football?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have followed the Albion since 1975 and I am now pretty certain that I have never seen such quality football from the team as we are playing now. Today was just unbelievable and we definitely eased off after going 3-0 up. No doubt saving ourselves for Tuesday.

sean_o

Dec 28, 2007
Stockport
Yes totally agree, I have followed the albion for a similar period of time and that was without doubt the best ever performance i have seen. Amazing I am so proud of all the lads, I will never forget todays match.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
It's also the confidence before the match that is so great. In the boat pub prior to the game, I was arrogantly predicting a win with The Posh fans, and I was sure we'd win. I've never felt that previously.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Since 82. And no. Today was incredible. So it's not just me and the few around me today. We were amazing. Best football I can remember. And seems many others are agreeing. Something very special happening at this club right now. All aboard the Gus bus. Superb

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Nope. I began following the Albion around 5 years ago (im a teenager) and this is by far the best football I have witnessed Brighton play. Superb stuff.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
sixteen years of watching the albion and that today was by far the best performance ive ever seen. we were AMAZING. we are honestly passing the ball about like a good premiership side.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Ive been a Albion fan since i was 10 so thats 16 years now and i have to agree that ive not seen a brand of football from us quite like it.

Our ability to retain possesion even when in tricky positions is staggering at times and as individuals we look technically better than the opposition. What Gus has done in just under 12 months is unbelievable.

I felt Charlton would be hard to beat in terms of an all round performance but we cracked it today. Absolutely superb. Great to see the togetherness of the players aswell, you can certainly sense that theres a great team spirit umongst the players.

Gus really is bordering on legendary albion status at the moment. On a negative side a shame to read some of Peterborough's comments on BBC 606. Considering the footballing lesson they've just recieved you'd think they would be slightly more dignified in defeat. Perhaps its this arrogant attitude umongst the club that has got them where they are. Thinking they have the god given right to win a football match because of Mackail-Smith, Boyd and Mclean really pissed me off. And to say we arent that good is laughable. London Road wont see a better away league performance all season.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Yes

I would say that was the best today. I have been watching since 1972, and even when we have been good in past times, I have never seen us so dominant. Peterborough just couldn't match us at all. 5-0 would not have been an inaccurate result.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
mid sixties we were awesome but you can't compare because it was such a different game

late 70's/ early 80's in our pomp we were playing at so much a higher level so again difficult to compare

But all of that aside if we continue as we are we have a team that not only wins but one that watching is an absolute delight - we seriously destroyed them today and whilst their defence isn't the best they are no mugs AND THEY NEVER THREATENED TO HURT US. Simply stunning

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Since 1968 and I`ve never seen better at this level, and that INCLUDES the Ward/Horton team.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
We reached the FA cup final and beat Forest then a prem team several times.

And we had players that we could sell on not on loan to be snatched back.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Since 1968 and I`ve never seen better at this level, and that INCLUDES the Ward/Horton team.

I still rate the Ward Horton era and Lawro. Dont forget I remember 20+ thousand at a mid week game.

EDIT:- I do have to rely on the football league show for my chance to see the game though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We reached the FA cup final and beat Forest then a prem team several times.

And we had players that we could sell on not on loan to be snatched back.

I see you are in Switzerland? Have you actually seen us play recently?

I don't believe any of the players on the field today can be snatched back either.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
To be absolutely fair to Peterborough today, we thoroughly owned them before they had a man sent off. I think that it was probably the frustration of seeing so little of the ball that led to Boyd's stupidity.

I have never seen an Albion side SO confident in posession, the way we clipped the ball around was almost perfect today.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I said it on the other thread, I've never seen any team dominate a game like that. Not live, not on telly, not ever.

Best performance I've seen in 19 years of watching Brighton

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
didnt go today, but I agree. I have been watching them since 1974 and the Charlton performance I thought was awesome.

I really do hope that we can keep hold of Gus for a very long time...this is just magical football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here