Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever run out of petrol ?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Gazwag said:
But surely that depends on how much petrol you put in the car doesnt it.

But also if you always have half a tank plus in the car then fuel efficiency will be less as the car is always heavier

Not if he uses half a tank a day!

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Have never run out of petrol, but did once make the schoolboy error of putting a tank load of deisel in to a petrol car. managed to drive about half a mile before it conked out.

:dunce:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Yes. Two miles short of Membury services on the M4. Had to bushwhack for 45 minutes through long grass on the verge as there were roadworks on the hard shoulder for the last mile and a half (fortunately not where I stopped).

Went into the shop, bought a plastic jerry can. Went out, filled it with a gallon of petrol, and the cashier winked at me and said: "See you in a few minutes then."

45 minutes later, he was right.

Albion Rob

Ran out of petrol on the way home from Rushden (the game with THAT Zesh Rehman goal). Finally conked out about a mile from Polegate.

Called the AA and they came and took the car to the nearest 24 hour garage but I felt like a right prick.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, on the motorway up to Calais in the car with Tooting Gull.

Running out of petrol is the sort of thing you only do once in life - for men this would be akin to attending a Westlife concert, for women agreeing to anal sex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here