Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever..? Part 2

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Possibly. I let someone know their garage was on fire (and phoned the fire brigade); they didn't know, and they got out. It burnt through in to their house, so they might have died of smoke inhalation...

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Saved a life?

I haven't, but quite fancy doing so so someone will literally OWE ME THEIR LIFE. :)
Yes I Have! In my early days as a nightclub doorman ! a guy was stabbed in the chest, and i remembered the old credit card over the wound trick paramedic said i probably saved him from bleeding to death !
But i was just doing my job really :blush:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I took out 1,000 clean syringes to a hospital in Malawi. They had not had a single new syringe for over 4 months. Possibly saving people of the surrounding villages.

:angel:

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Was watching the CRICKET at Tunbridge Wells when a GERMAN bloke next to me suddenly went into diabetic shock, stood up, and fell on top of me. I managed to get his little bracelet off, which said he was diabetic, but in GERMAN.

The former West Indies opener Desmond Haynes helped me carry him up the steps before we sat him down in the pavilion and tipped sachets of sugar into his gob. I spoke to him in GERMAN until the ambulance turned up.

Yoda

English & European
Tried to. Someone jumped of multi-story car park opposite work about 15 months. Doing CPR but the guy died later in hospital. :(

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Was watching the CRICKET at Tunbridge Wells when a GERMAN bloke next to me suddenly went into diabetic shock...
A German bloke at cricket? ???

You've MADE IT UP. :censored:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i have, although i sort of was obliged to as it was that of my girlfriend at the time

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
pulled my brother out of our swimming pool in South Africa...he was about 18 months at the time and was sinking down when I reached down and pulled him out. he was coughing and sluttering which meant he was at least breathing

:angel:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Piece of trivia here. Did you know that Rod (or Freddy) from Rod, Jane and Freddy - singers on Rainbow, once saved the life of Bill Oddie when he got into difficulties whilst swimming?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Buzzer said:
Piece of trivia here. Did you know that Rod (or Freddy) from Rod, Jane and Freddy - singers on Rainbow, once saved the life of Bill Oddie when he got into difficulties whilst swimming?

how bizzare.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
i often had to do up/down adjustments when mum almost went into diabetic coma..

sometimes she misread her blood sugar level readings, and just guessed how much insulin to jab.. in her later years, we thankfully got changed over to tablet form.

on other occasions, have pulled people out of the hotel pool, or form the sea, seen swimming while drunk (they were, not me!). rthey didnt seem to like it much, until i pointed out the rocks etc..:drink: :dunce:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I briefly worked as a lifeguard, had to drag a woman out of the pool once who was having difficulties, I guess that counts

I once prevented a rather inebriated senior planning officer from jumping on to a moving train to recover the pair of specs he had left on it. He was so pissed that I'm sure he would have fallen between the train and the platform - a "MIND THE GAP" platform.

His career has subsequently flourished and he is now the Chief Executive of a large County Council in the South East. And still remembers the incident.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here